News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Clermont, FL Apr 21-22 Greenswamp Sport Club

Started by airplanejoe, April 30, 2012, 02:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Son of Summers Middlebrook

I have not had a chance to shoot it yet, but soon I hope to.  Will bring it on Sunday June 10th Apple seed at Clermont to try it out. Maybe I will shoot it after I finally earn rifleman status! 200 last AS.
Thanks
In ye name of God Amen,  Thanks be given to God and knowing it is appointed for all men once to die. First of all I give and recommend my soul unto ye hand of God who gave it hoping for ye pardon of all my sins through ye merits of Jesus Christ my only redeemer.
( From the will of Johnathan Middlebrook of the colony of Connecticut.  Soldier in the Early Indian War 1706.)  FOREVER FREE!

PHenry

Check chamber - empty. Remove all ammo from room. Place tiny dot on wall across room. Don all normal shooting clothing. Check sling for adjustment.

Dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire. Drink some water and repeat.  :---
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Sly223

SOSM,
What year is the Rifle I am sending mine in next week,and was curiouse?
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

The receiver has a serial number that places it in 1945. May I believe it was.
In ye name of God Amen,  Thanks be given to God and knowing it is appointed for all men once to die. First of all I give and recommend my soul unto ye hand of God who gave it hoping for ye pardon of all my sins through ye merits of Jesus Christ my only redeemer.
( From the will of Johnathan Middlebrook of the colony of Connecticut.  Soldier in the Early Indian War 1706.)  FOREVER FREE!

Sly223

Sure,
Sounds good,
I thought they were up to 1955,
which means not many left!
I'll mail of my packet Friday!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

Awesome!  I can't wait to fire mine.  I just ordered 200 rounds of ammo from CMP.  Hope to have it by the next appleseed in June at Clermont.  You gonna be there?

Sly223

Hard to say right now,
I'm down in Myakka two weeks after, So I will have to play that one by ear.
It will be Willorith's home Range,
and after June a lot of the sched. is overlapped,
I will see what I can do! ..:..
Best of luck anyway!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

We are blessed beyond imagination with freedom as no other nation knows on the planet!  May we never take it for granted!

Deuteronomy 5:16 tells us to honor our father. This Memorial Day I honor my heavenly father, by honoring my patriot forefather, and to all who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom.
Lieutenant Ephraim Middlebrook
   Born:  Aug. 21, 1736
Fairfield
Fairfield County
Connecticut, USA

Death: Apr. 27, 1777
Ridgefield
Fairfield County
Connecticut, USA

Ephraim Middlebrook was born in 1736 at Fairfield, Connecticut. He was the son of John Middlebrook and Eunice Bostwick. In October 1775, he enlisted as an Ensign in 10th Trainband (Company) of the Fourth Regiment of Connecticut Militia. In December 1775, he was promoted to Lieutenant in the same company. In 1776, Ephraim served under General George Washington during the siege of New York. He would later serve under the command of General Benedict Arnold who reported to Major General David Wooster. On April 25, 1777, British forces led by Major General William Tyron landed at what is now Westport, Connecticut, and marched to Danbury. There, Tyron's forces destroyed a large cache of American supplies. Wooster, Arnold and Brigadier General Gold Silliman sounded the Danbury Alarm and raised 700 Continentals and Militia to attack Tyron's forces. Since they missed the opportunity to defend Danbury, the American forces' goal was to harass the British on their way back to the coast with hit-and-run skirmishes. In one of these fights General Wooster was mortally wounded. In this campaign, only one major battle occurred at the town of Ridgefield on April 27, 1777, where General Arnold led Connecticut Militia forces against Tyrone. During this battle, Lt. Ephraim Middlebrook was killed. He was later buried with full military honors at Long Hill Cemetery in North Stratford, Connecticut. He married Elizabeth Munson in Fairfield, Connecticut on 30 March 1757. The couple had six children.

Included below are a picture of Lieutenant Ephraim Middlebrooks Tomb in Connecticut Inscription below, and two memorials with his name inscribed:

"In Memory of Lieut. Ephraim Middlebrook Who fought, bled and died in defense of his Country, at the Battle of Ridgefield, on the 27th day of April, 1777, in the 41st year of his age; and on the 3d day of May was interred here with Honours of War.

Written on the tomb

In memory of which these lines:
Here on this Tomb cast an eye,
and view the Eagle great:
He represents our Liberty;
in the Union of the States;
View in his claws the arrows sharpe,
in the branch of oak likewise;
A lively emblem of our smart,
for victory o'er our enemies;
For which cause this Hero bled
On Ridgefield's bloody plain;
And there was numbered with the dead
his country's freedom to obtain;
In memory of which these lines were wrote
and to perpetuate his name;
That his descendants ne'er forgot
that for their freedom he was slain."

Sly223

Yes, I will be there! ..:..
Tom. I send out my CMP order! ^:)^
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

Awesome!!  We bought a laser yesterday and will be practicing!   See you at GSSC!