News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Philadelphia Ohio Appleseed-28-29 April

Started by Louie, April 30, 2012, 01:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louie

What a wonderful group of Shooters we had this weekend!!!

While the weather on Saturday was a little on the less desirable side, the weather on Sunday more than made up for it.

Okay people, the AAR is open. Lets hear from YOU!
LOUIE
"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." --George Washington, Thanksgiving Proclamation, 1789

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."

GoldFish

I'll get posting the pics out of the way now and add some thoughts later.  The pics aren't that great, but they're better than nothing.  Sorry for them being so small, but I don't post them on Facebook or Photobucket first.  Nope, I'm not one of them Facetweeters or Twitterbookers.

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

GoldFish

Some more...

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

GoldFish

Centerfires. :---

GoldFish

Last ones

Slarti

First off, THANK YOU to all the Hats... Red/Black, Red, Orange, and otherwise.  Once again, your instruction, dedication, story telling, and encouragement was outstanding.  Congratulations to Louie on progressing to RedHat -- personally, I prefer Debian but I digress.   ;)

A second congratulations goes to RIFLEMAN Bob!!  O0

A THIRD congratulations to Daniel -- nice shooting!  I didn't realize you were shooting out to 200.  Matthew collected all KD targets and we have not destroyed any of them (yet)... if you want it, let me know.

We shot next to Michelle, and I gotta tell you, she's a crack shot!  I've never see better groups from Off-Hand then hers.  I think the ONLY reason that we didn't see her get a Rifleman was due to the equipment issues that she had to deal with.  What a trooper.  Michelle, it was a pleasure to have you on our end of the line.

Here's my Facebook collection of pictures from the shoot -- my apologies, subject diversity is lacking, they are mainly of my kids.   :(
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150851069713552.471535.601698551&type=3&l=63be9ae0fe

And lastly, I've attached 2 of my most favorite photo of the day... First, Nathans' 1st and last Redcoat of the 1st day.  And second, the *result* of Nathans' first shot with a center-fire.  8 years old, 1 shot, 7.62x39, open sites, 25 yards, and 2 days of Appleseed training.  :)
-- Slarti
OHR93

MeanStreaker

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Corvette

Del, let me thank you for the assistance you provided us in working with both Nathan and Mathew.  It was a pleasure having all of you on the line.  The redcoat picture and the one shot with the AK clearly shows that what we teach at Appleseed really works.  Again thanks for joining us and for sharing the pictures.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

GoldFish

What a fantastic weekend, full of Marksmanship and my American Heritage!!!  I hadn't work a shoot for a few months, but his one was a really great one to jump back in on.  Thank you to the Tusco Rifle Club for hosting us and allowing us to use their wonderful facilities. 

Saturday's weather sorta stunk, mainly in the afternoon.  Rain and colder weather moved in, but luckily, the the New Philly range is covered, so we all stayed nice and cozy and dry. :) 
But on Sunday?  Jeez, I truly cannon think of nicer AS weather: mid-upper 60's, perfectly sunny, with an ever so slight breeze.

Slarti, thank you for coming out with your 2 sons and truly emboyding that American Spirit and Liberty.  It was very refreshing having you join us; I hope to see you on the Trail again.  You can tell your sons that it was my priviledge to meet them.  Thanks Matthew for helping me sweep up brass. ;)  And good shootin' with that AK, Nathan. :~  An especially nice trigger squeeze. :cool2:

Dave, working that bolt-action was making me tired; I commend you for sticking with it, using your slings, and letting me shoot your rifle. :--- 

Michelle, keep shooting, and you'll have a 210 in no time!

Daniel, dry-fire, practice, and hold your head up.  You will get there. O0

Shooters, the attitudes displayed by all of you were stupendous and made my work that much easier.  More importantly though, they made you shoot better.

Congratulations on the RH Louie; you certainly earned it.  Corvette, you are almost there, whether you think so or not!
Instructors, it's always a humbling experience coming together and working with the greatest people on the planet...and always an honor.

See ya'll on the Trail real soon...

---GoldFish