News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Como, MS April 28-29, 2012

Started by dart67eb, April 27, 2012, 02:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dart67eb

A wonderful time again in Como.  Great weather, great shooters and even a new Rifleman!  I'd hate to be a redcoat in their collective sights.  900 yd shots?  They sure did!  Well, kinda.  Quick, whats does a 2" tall figurine at 25 yds and a 6' tall Redcoat Grenadier at 900 yds have in common?  We Know the answer!  I compliment everybody for getting in the dirt to learn the skills of marksmanship and especially Miss Kitty for the cold washcloth.  Since I wast sunburned, I'll have to ding the SBIT for not properly 'shadowing' me!  (Hello! Parasol?)  I'm hoping to see a couple of new orange hats out of this bunch, but I won't spill the beans until it's official.  Thank you to everybody who came and I hope to see you all again going home with a Rifleman's patch!  Also, many thanks to hornet41 and mudtrunks for not letting me make too stray too far from my game.

Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

hopehere

Great Instructors and Fellow participants.
"A strange thing is memory, and hope; one looks backward, and the other forward;

hopehere

More Photos
"A strange thing is memory, and hope; one looks backward, and the other forward;

hopehere

Last Set - Looking Forward to next event.

hornet41

Como without rain and mud! Wonderful!! However, that talcum powder dust gets into everything! I think it was largely responsible for several rifle malfunctions. Everyone needs to clean their rifles at the end of each days shooting, check screw tightness ect! All shooters were very attentive and absorbed the POI's well.
The sun was brutal both days. Most of us looked like lobster's at the end of the day. Sunday, pop up canopy's began appearing!!! What a difference! Bless miss Kitty for the cold wash rag on the back of the neck. Very refreshing!!
Everyone made progress through the weekend and learned a lot. Dry fire is your friend. With all safety precautions in place; unloaded rifle, no ammo in the same room ect., color in one of the 1/4 in. grid squares on the 25 meter square targets, post at 20 feet and practice positions, SHF's and NPOA, ect..
Do this a couple time a week. you will be amazed how much this will improve your shooting. Best of all--it costs nothing!!!
Hornet41