News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Azusa, CA, Patriot's Day Shoot, April 21-22, 2012

Started by Psych Doc, April 25, 2012, 01:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psych Doc

We had a great Patriot's Day shoot at Burro Canyon in Azusa! Twenty proud Americans were off the couch and on the line this Patriot's Day weekend, including four junior shooters. After Saturday morning Redcoats we preceded through the course of instruction and all the shooters showed steady improvement.

Our youngest shooter, seven-year-old, Jessica got on paper quickly and steadily improved throughout the day, as did teens Elijah, Mario and Saul. All earned well-deserved Luther Blanchard patches. (Mario, contact Robert or Ryan to claim yours as the absent-minded shoot bosses forgot to present them at the end of the day on Saturday)

After Saturday lunch, bolstered by the story of the three strikes of the match of the Revolutionary War, the shooters made a lasting impression on the Redcoats in the Liberty Volley honoring some of the fallen of April 19th, 1775. All showed continued progress through the afternoon and Leo cleared the final Redcoat!

We had ten shooters return for Sunday and all ten showed their mettle by staying the entire day. After being inspired by stories of dangerous old men at lunch on Sunday, our courageous shooters stood up to the oppressions of King Pumpkinhead, and delivered some KD comeuppance to the tyrant.

By the end of the weekend, all shooters were much improved and several came within a hair's breadth of 210 on the AQT, before equipment issues and fatigue set in. In no mean feat of shooting, Eileen cleared her final Redcoat!

Thanks to all who came out to hone their marksmanship, learn some history and honor the founders. I hope to see you all again soon!

If you have pictures or comments about the weekend you would like to share, please post them here.  :)

hightone110

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvriw4KyhHk&sns=em

Here's the link to the volley we did ... had a great time ... still got work to do for my patch

Great job and thanks again!!!

Foppish Dandy

Was great to see the video of the Liberty Volley!
:---  :---  :---  :---  :---  :---
Can't wait to see pictures!
Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

Rocket Man

Pictures you want, pictures I got.  Here's the ones I took.  If anyone has their own pictures from the shoot, please feel free to post 'em up.  Also, contact me on PM (here or at Calguns) if you want a copy at full resolution.

Our shoot boss trainee Robert (Pysch Doc) starts us off with a rousing round of Redcoats

Back under the covers for instruction, while Woof Doc holds the line, and BuckleNose demonstrates the positions.  Pretty nice day, wouldn't you say?   ;D  Better than last month?  >:D

Calguns aficionado pennys_dad has the crowd hooked as he describes the First Strike of the Match.  We're not sure how big those muskets were that the Regulars were carrying, but trust us, they were big.

First time shooter and seven-year-old Jessica prepares her rifle for the next course.  Talk about focus!

The whole line concentrates on Stage 4 of the AQT

Sunday morning, and the Orange Hats are running the show, with Woof Doc demonstrating the transition to prone while BuckleNose explains what it's all about

The sun didn't let up much on Sunday, but everyone hung in there to the end, concentrating on those AQT's

The instructors had a little time to stay current and prove they know what they teach.  Here Woof Doc gets to test-drive Robert's M1 Garand, alongside Jacob's fine M1903-A3

All ready on the firing line...

... Fire!  Ain't that pretty?

It was a terrific weekend, everyone.  I think we did our ancestors proud.  Remember to practice, and tell a friend.  Show 'em these pictures, and ask 'em if they did anything this cool with their weekend.   -:)  See you all in a couple of months!
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

Foppish Dandy

AWESOME! Looks like a great shoot!

Quote from: Rocket Man on April 25, 2012, 03:07:29 AM
Pretty nice day, wouldn't you say?   ;D  Better than last month?  >:D
Just a smidgeon better... I mean, if you like the warm sun instead of a freezing cold monsoon and hail.

By the way... if anyone is on Facebook, feel free to "Like" our page and tag yourself:
Project Appleseed - Southern California
Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

GasMask

Woof Doc

Hi All,
Thanks for coming out. It was a great weekend and wasn't that Liberty Volley something. Everyone was really on it! Thanks for posting the video. Makes a body proud to see such a thing. Hope you all had a good time. It was neat to see the youngsters improve so much. All the shooters did great and had that learning attitude that is so nice to see. I look forward to seeing you all in the future sporting that Rifleman's patch.
Pat

Psych Doc

hightone110

I will take more video next time!!!

Maybe bring a tripod for my iphone.

Psych Doc

Sounds good Hightone, I look forward to seeing you again down the trail.

GasMask

I think I go some of that vid... I will check.  And here is a quick vid of My daughter...  Shout out to Rocket Man for taking the time to help her out.  Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLf3yvwWzoE&feature=share