News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Columbiana, AL April 21-22

Started by DUHON, April 24, 2012, 11:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUHON

Fantastic Weekend!

First, I would like to thank the  @&) Shelby County Sheriff and staff for allowing us the use of their wonderful facility. Secondly, thanks to all of the patriots who got up off the sofa to attend an Appleseed to learn about what those brave early Americans did for their posterity.  These patriots also had an opportunity to receive some of the finest marksmanship instruction going around today. Last, but certainly not least, thanks to all of the instructors who continually volunteer their time to help right our sinking ship. It is an honor and a privilege to work with such a fine group. O0

We had two young patriots, Hunter and Amanda, who must be congratulated on doing such a fine job over the weekend. Keep up the good work.

On Saturday, the volley for liberty rang out with the names of patriots who fell for the cause of liberty.

On Sunday morning there was several Rifleman in the making. By lunch Kevin made the cut and was awarded the Rifleman patch for inspiration to all. Sgt. Billingsley answered the call with several Rifleman scores topping out at a 233. Jonathon re qualified proving that the results are repeatable.

I was overly impressed that almost every shooter on Sunday was able to inflict damage to the small plastic figure representing a redcoat!   ^:)^

Project Appleseed will be back out June 9th at this range. I hope to see everyone again......with a friend.  ;D

qubit

Quote from: DUHON on April 24, 2012, 11:59:35 AM
I was overly impressed that almost every shooter on Sunday was able to inflict damage to the small plastic figure representing a redcoat!   ^:)^

Did you dip army men in red paint, or?

DUHON

We actually use red plastic British Regular figurines similar to the attached picture. However, we ran out of them this weekend so the red coats were substituted for a pack of red and blue cowboys from the dollar store.

Riflemen improvise.  ;)

Peg Leg BILL

Peg Leg Bill (aka) SGT Billingsley, because my 'redcoat' now walks with a limp after losing his left leg below the knee.

I would like to thank the Appleseed Instructor Cadre from this past weekend for their dedication to this cause. There are very few organizations who can get so many skilled instructors and believers in the cause to give up their time to help others.

It was, has been and will contiue to be a pleasure to host the Appleseed organization at our facility. We actively advertise all upcoming events with each law enforcement or community group that uses out facility and keep a flyer posted on our main message board at the Training Center. I hope the June event will bring more people out for the Appleseed experience.

It is not the number of soldiers in the battle that decides victory, it is the WILL inside each soldier to PRESS THE FIGHT, without thought of personal safety, but only of decisive victory. Of many, I am one - stand with me and we will have 360 degrees of security and zones of fire. OOH RAH!

Armalite

Congratulations to all the new riflemen. Well done. Wish I could have been there with you. If you didn't quite make the magic 210 number, I know all the instructors there will save a spot on the line for you. Just be sure to bring a friend. The Shelby County Sheriffs Training Facility never ceases to amaze me  how generous they have been to our program. Thank you Sgt. Billingsley for being such a great host. I have been afforded your hospitality and first rate instruction from the great group of instructors who make it there home there and it really is appreciated by all.

Armalite
"When the American spirit was in its youth, the language of America was different: Liberty, sir, was the primary object." -Patrick Henry

Peg Leg BILL

If anyone has any pictures from the Appleseed event held at the Shelby County S.O. TRACEN, please post or provide a link for viewing. Thank you
It is not the number of soldiers in the battle that decides victory, it is the WILL inside each soldier to PRESS THE FIGHT, without thought of personal safety, but only of decisive victory. Of many, I am one - stand with me and we will have 360 degrees of security and zones of fire. OOH RAH!

DUHON

Here you go Peg Leg Bill