News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

San Luis Obispo, CA April 21-22

Started by Marpat Pippi, April 24, 2012, 01:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marpat Pippi

We had a beautiful weekend! The Sportsman's Association Range had moderate temperatures, with fog in the morning burning off to sunny afternoons.

We had 10 shooters each day. All of which greatly improved their shooting. The stats are as follows
          10 shooters            9 shooters      10 shooters     9 shooters
          Sat AM                   Sat PM           Sun AM             Sun PM
100        5                           3                     4                      3
200        1                           3                     1                      2
300        1                           1                     2                      2
400        0                           2                     1                      1
HS         3                           2                     1                      3

Terrance shot Rifleman multiple times with at least a 217. He also stepped up to take an Orange Hat.  ^:)^

Ray shot 210, but avoided getting dowsed by also shooting a 213!

Evan, a first time Appleseeder showed steady improvement on Saturday and was in the 190s and finished the deed on Sunday with a SOLID 227! :~ ^:)^ :---

Coy improved greatly and was in the 200-209 range. Dry Practice at home, visit the range, and join us again! I know you can do it!

IRayOne came out to keep up his Rifleman skills. Since shooting skills are perishable, it is great to see you returning to the range to continue practicing and exercising your liberties guaranteed by the 2nd amendment.

Anne came to learn the fundamentals and break some long learned habits. She did a great job applying the teaching points :) and being receptive to instruction. Anne tightened up her group :cool2: and was showing great improvement by the end of Sunday. :~ :--- :~

JeanAnn stepped up as a blue hat  ..:..and assisted with set up, tear down, admin. She also greatly improved her shooting She was one short of clearing the redcoat **) on Sunday afternoon and improved her AQT score by about 60 points! :--- :--- :---

Aaron brought his daughters Keeley (12) and Abby (10) (repeat offenders)
:pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: So post yours here!

I will post pics in the coming days.

artkat2

"The usual suspects, the usual results!"  (shamelessly stolen from koolaid!)

How can it go wrong when you've got a group of students and instructors like we had?

Thanks to all and good work!
I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

ARGirl

We had such a great weekend!!

Our first shoot with Martpat's Pippi & Whittemore was AWESOME!!  Their help with the dreaded optics (for those of us with less than perfect vision) and all their tips and encouragement got me over the hump! Thanks to them I'm much closer to my orange hat!

Thanks to orange hats, tpf68 and Big Jacobus!! They were amazing on the line (and everywhere else) and kept everybody safe and sound.  They were also a huge help with all their one-on-one with individual shooters.

We also got several visits from Artkat2, who was full of encouragement and jumped in to help me load mags in a pinch.  He won't admit it, but he's the backbone of Appleseed in SLO County!  Thanks Andy!

All of our shooters were great, there was so much positivity and eagerness to learn and improve. Congratulations to our new (and repeat) Riflemen, it's an honor to share the line with you.

I was so impressed with Abby and Keeley as marks(wo)men and as good kids!  It was great to have some youngsters with us and watch them progress through the weekend.

Thanks to everyone who relocated the line Saturday night due to a range re-assignment, it was up and ready in record time!

I was so excited to get my blue hat and get my hands officially dirty, I'm ready for more. 

We had such a wonderful group of people and great weather, the only thing to improve on was our AQT Scores!!   When's our next shoot?  I'm ready!!

bigjacobus

What can I say another great weekend at San Luis Obispo.  The Saturday was slightly warmer than Sunday was with the overcast clouds.  Congratulations to our men who know what they are about!!  Terrance, Ray, and Evan good job, keep up the practice and hope to see you in future shots.

Anne you were a blast to have around for the weekend.  Its good to see one be so open to improvement.  You showed great follow through all weekend and not once did I see otherwise.  You will be there with riflewoman score in no time.

Coy it was nice to see you take the time given to you on stage one and four of the AQT.  You keep that up and you will not be knocking on the rifleman score you will have it.  Your elbow was alway nicely under the rifle every time I was looking.  You will be there next time I know it keep persisting!!

Ray and IRay its always nice to see returning rifleman persisting to keep those skills honed.  Always nice to have you on the firing line.  Hope to see out there next time around as well!!

Thank you Marpat's for coming up this way to host the event.  It was a pleasure meeting you both and great job on a very successful weekend!!  ARGirl and tpf68 thank you for coming out as well as I know we all played our part out in making this weekend run smooth and without you setup and tear down could not have gone the way it did. 

Hope to all see you out in the future,

BigJacobus

Pics to come!!
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." --Thomas Jefferson

bigjacobus

Enjoy and hope to see you all again soon!!
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." --Thomas Jefferson

Marpat Pippi

Here are more pics.