News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Evansville, IN April 21/22, 2012 AAR

Started by sur+rifle, April 24, 2012, 01:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sur+rifle

This was a very fun shoot! 

Six shooters took to the Evansville line this Patriots' Day with the objectives of having a safe shoot, learning the story of April 19, 1775, improving their marksmanship, and having fun.  It was a successful event on all accounts!

For me the highlights included the Memorial Volley on Saturday, Bret earning his rifleman's patch (congratulations!), the steady progress from only two shooters hitting at 100 yards (simulated) to four making "head shots", and IIT Kate's rendition of the Great Garrison Flag of Fort McHenry at the end of Sunday. 

Thanks go out to Beth, Bret, Haley, Terry, Cody, and Dillon for being such attentive shooters and Mudcat, Kate, and ACUTEE for providing an excellent instructional environment.

kate

What a wonderful weekend! Thanks everyone for coming out to enjoy the wet cement colored sky with true American spirit! I'll post pictures soon   ;D

kate

Six Steps to firing a shot...

Squeeeeeeeeeeeze the trigger!

We love to see shooters taking notes  ;D

and I LOVE pink rifles!

First and Second Strike at lunch

Hows that song go again? Mags out, bolts back...

A little bit of Mudcat magic

Why not throw kate in there too

Look at those groups shrink!!

listening to some very interesting instruction... how many times should we make Mudcat get up and down this time?  >:D

Look at Haley go!

Run shooters, run!

Improvement, Improvement! Just look at this form!

And now, our very own youth snipers, Haley and Dillon! O0

CON-GRAD-U-LATIONS Bret, on a well deserved Rifleman. He's left-handed shooting a right-handed bolt action  :bow:

GROUP PICTURE!!!

ATM

Quote from: kate on April 24, 2012, 04:35:37 PM

...Hows that song go again? Mags out, bolts back...

OOH! PICK ME! I KNOW THIS ONE!

:))

Looks like it was a great shoot! Congrats to Bret on the Rifleman score and all of you who came out and joined in the fellowship of heritage and marksmanship on Patriots Day weekend.  O0

Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

Mudcat

What a great weekend for everyone! I had a great time working with the wiiling line. I have never seen such a line of fantastic marksmen and markswomen, to a person every single one was a lot of fun and really gained skills throughout the weekend. We had 9 year olds putting 4moa groups on paper, Dillon and Haley you guys were awesome! Cody great shooting too, I was telling others about the 11 year old on the line this weekend and how well you shot. Terry I was sure you were going to break the 210 barrier! Beth you were a lot of fun and made big improvements as well, you accomplished a lot this weekend! Bret wow shooting a Rifleman score at your first Appleseed, all wile shooting a bolt rifle right handed which is no small feat but since you are left handed it was simply amazing. A big congratulation to you!
Terry, Bret and Beth thank you so much for bringing your families out to enjoy a special weekend on the line with us. It was a pleasure to be in such great company!
Kate and Acutee as always it was nice to see you both again too.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington