News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piqua, Ohio - Apr. 21/22, 2012

Started by slim, April 24, 2012, 12:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

Our "Super Bowl" weekend was a good one!

Saturday was a little cold and rainy and definitely provided a good excuse for folks to stay on the couch... but they didn't! They got up and participated in their freedom and the heritage of being a marksman.

15 shooters made their way out to Piqua Fish and Game to keep alive the tradition of being a Rifleman. A few of them were experienced and a few were brand new but all were motivated to warm up their rifles and their bodies. Brrrrrrr. BOOM!

The Volley was something I'll never forget. I hope our forefathers looked down on us with a smile and a sense of pride in their posterity.

Sunday we had a few less shooters but we picked up a few shooters as well.

.... and a few new RIFLEMEN! Huzzah! Everyone made great improvements and I'll need a few more Rifleman patches to pass out next time. (Especially for those with 209, 209, 207, 209!) Then, after figuring out the size of our front sights, we did 100yd. KD and got some great feedback. This Appleseed stuff really works. 

Don't forget to dry fire and don't forget to do that 7th Step. See you folks on the trail.

DGMilty

Had a great weekend!  Always good to see new faces as well as new Appleseeders! 

Congrats to everyone who stuck it out all weekend and endured the weather.  Sunday's conditions were a bit warmer, but windier too.  Remember what was taught in the KD lesson?  Good time to put it to use!

Again, an awesome and emotional volley!  We need to keep spreading the word and pass along our heritage that is no longer taught in the public school systems.  Things are now just skimmed over, and only a mention of Revere, and "The British are coming" are what's taught.  British?  Huh?  WE  Were British!!!  We need to re-educate our country!  So much of out heritage isn't taught anymore.

I like to see those scores improving!  I saw "new" shooters with little to no experience, and those with no formal training scoring SO CLOSE to a Rifleman score...Nothing makes me happier than to see someone leave an Appleseed than hearing how much they learned, and when they put those learned skills to good use, they are almost to the magic number.

Congrats to the new Riflemen, (and Riflewoman!!!) and I know that a fellow Instructor is a really proud father!  Great job, "Pippy!"  (Can you believe that all the guys were out-shot by a GIRL???)

As slim said, 7th step and DRY FIRE!!!

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.   -Thomas Jefferson

Dougum

Talk about an awesome weekend. Great day to be at an appleseed especially when you hit a 216 ON YOUR FIRST AQT!!!!!!! And reconfirm with a 221!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!! Also 1 other rifleman and a riflewoman!
Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off

Messer454

Well Saturday morning was cold and damp at the Piqua Fish and Game Range.  If memory serves we had 15 shooters who made it.  I had intended to stay the whole day but was only able to stay to help with registration.  Blair did a really neat demo of the flintlock musket.  Thanks Blair.  Here are some of the pics.  Thanks to everyone for coming to shoot and instruct. Hopefully others will post more.

"Be Prepared"......It is more than a motto, it is a way of life.