News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Buckeye, AZ After Action Report: 4/21-22/2012

Started by AZRedhawk44, April 23, 2012, 11:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZRedhawk44

We conquered!

Let it be known, that Arizona 'Seeders have stern stuff in them.

The weather was daunting, almost as if the Sun itself had sided with the Redcoats, only 237 years too late.  Triple-digit temperatures in April?  Really?  Both the weekend before and the weekend to come, we look at mere 80 degree temperatures... the ideal Arizona temperature that drives the "snowbird" to flock to our Sonoran desert.

But to honor Captains Parker and Davis, the Sun brought its full force to bear on our assembled 23 shooters on Saturday and 14 on Sunday.

Our shooters mustered on the training grounds of the Joe Foss Memorial Range and presented their skill for review.  23 shooters shot the Redcoat target that morning and established a baseline for later comparison.

We then began the task of making Riflemen!  Sling techniques, Steady Hold Factors, Six Steps, IMC... we opened that firehose to full throttle.

Lunchtime, our intrepid IIT's held court and told the tale of Battle Road.  Captains Parker and Davis had their legacies presented for us to reflect upon... then we returned to the task of marksmanship with renewed purpose.

We made a Rifleman on Saturday!  Lonnie made it happen with a very admirable score.  I don't have it written down, but memory tells me that it might have been a 223?  He shot it with an M4, so it's a fitting number. 

Our final Redcoat of the day was evidence of our progress... 20 shooters, 9 whom shot  to Morgan's Rifle Company standards... even 1 cleaned target!

The heat may have intimidated some, but not all.  Sunday brought us 14 shooters on the line, early and eager for more.

Another Rifleman was found amongst us in Brandon. 

Shortly after, we sent the centerfire shooters to an alternate range... Buckeye doesn't allow us to fully stretch our legs due to lack of facilities, but shooters were able to get out to 200 yards at least, after NewGuy556 gave a briefing on Actual Distance shooting rather than reduced distance.

After formally ending the day around 4:30, we had a tough group of marksmen with the urge to shoot 1 more AQT.  Our instructor corps toughed it out with them into the setting sun, continuing to refine skill.

Camaraderie was found in shared legacy, and seeds were planted to protect our heritage.  I look forward to seeing more of these shooters at upcoming events.

Thank you, shooters!

PaxxAZ

Doing a photo Dump,  :pop:

This was a fun Shoot, I enjoyed being there. I have a few more but those may require some corrections as most the images are too bright or too dark (gotta love the AZ sun).

There are many things talked about that make the people of the US
different; being riflemen is one, asking why is another, as is getting
what needs doing done.

-Me 2011