News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gibsonburg, OH April 21-22

Started by KAH, April 23, 2012, 10:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KAH

It was a windy and cool (or do I mean COLD!!) weekend in the Black Swamp!  But the shooters that turned out demonstrated that they understood the word persistence and tenacity.  They endured the wind  and spent the weekend learning Rifle Marksmanship and their American Heritage.  And a great group of students they were.

Thanks to everyone that joined us for this memorable weekend.  It was great to have siblings that came together, husbands and wives, parents who brought their children, and a special thank you to an incredible grandmother that brought her grandson and nephew.  Best of all, everyone that came met new friends and will continue the Appleseed traditions of 7th stepping.

Remarkable progress was made by everyone.  Many are soooooo close (Dale, Jim, Chris, Angie, Ashley).  Remember to dry fire (SAFELY!) at home, and come back to another Appleseed soon. Edward, you caught on at an amazing speed.  In just one day, you learned the basics and are on your way to success. 

Everyone was positive and upbeat and responded to the instruction through the long day on Saturday.  The learning was fantastic and it translated to the huge smiles we saw on Sunday when we spent time shooting at the 500 yards range.

It was great catching up with our returning Appleseeders - Marissa, Chris, Ivan, Gordon, and Ray

It was great having the opportunity to work with you all, especially our Junior Patriots - Cassie, Jacob, Josia, Evlyn, and Israyl.

A terrific surprise on Saturday morning was the fact that we were being border raided by  Bill Winkle and his daughter Emily and brother Bob.  You guys were great fun and are welcome anytime.  Thanks for the offer of coming to Michigan, I'll be sure to take you up on it soon!

Of course a huge congratulations to Scot (WhiteKnight) in earning his Rifleman's patch and accepting the Orange Hat.  You'll make a great instructor and I look forward to working with you soon.

I'll post some photos soon.  If anyone else has some, please post them here!

take care and remember - the 7th step effort begins with all of you.  Tell your friends about the Appleseed event you attended, and Invite them to join you next time.

kah
"We are in reality common Americans teaching our fellow common Americans to shoot uncommonly well. In addition we teach them their heritage." TaosGlock quoting SamD

Fives

Evlyn, Israyl, and I were only able to attend Sunday, But it was a great time! Despite the cold the kids pushed through...at least til after lunch time then they bolted!!! Lolz. They still heard some great History and Known Distance presented by Cadence, KAH, Posterboy, and Blindman. Great job guys. I was very fortunate to have the sky open up and the planets align for me to Finally shoot the Riflemans Score.  O0 And accept the Orange Hat. Cant wait for more Appleseeds!!!! And to see the Firing Line Full!!!! Oh Yeah and I'm looking for a nickname y'all... So Lets hear suggestions!!! I've also posted a few pics...enjoy

Peace
"A hero is no more brave than an ordinary man, he is braver five minutes longer" RWE

Edheler

Quote from: whiteknight on April 24, 2012, 11:15:57 PM
I was very fortunate to have the sky open up and the planets align for me to Finally shoot the Riflemans Score.  O0 And accept the Orange Hat. Cant wait for more Appleseeds!!!!

Congrats on the rifleman score and taking the hat! I look forward to meeting you on the Appleseed trail. :)

Cadence

Congratulations WhiteKnight!!!!!!
After watching your efforts during many Appleseeds when you you were really close to that magic 210 number, it was very gratifying to see you finally succeed! ^:)^ I was keeping track as you shot the last stage and saw you deflate as you dropped your last shot into the 3 ring after 2 into the 5 ring. But as I said, a 3(or 6 for this stage) is better than a zero! As has been mentioned many times before, a rifleman persists and you are living proof. Not only did you prove that you can do it once, you followed up with an even higher score (222).  :---Congratulations again, and welcome into the IIT core
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Steadfast

Thanks from my daughter and I to everyone that helped out at Gibsonburg this past weekend.  We both leared a lot and thoroughly enjoyed our first appleseed experience!

Congrats to WhiteKnight.   Little did I know sitting across from you at lunch that you were already a rifleman!!  (of course, you didn't either lol)

Congrats to KAH for the Shoot Boss promotion.  Wish we would see you there again but wish you well in your area of the state! 

Does anyone have any pics they can post?  I was too busy loading and shooting and fighting with my sling to get any.