News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lewistown, PA - April 21-22, 2012

Started by Chainsaw, April 23, 2012, 07:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chainsaw

It's a shame that there were only four folks at the Mifflin County Sportsmen's Association this weekend.

The club really is fantastic.  I live three hours away, but I'm still a member there.  That gives you an idea of how worth the trip it is to spend some time on that gorgeous 1,000 yard range with a mountain for a backstop.

The weather was mostly beautiful and even when it wasn't we were under cover.

Frank, Matt, Erin and Greg,  I enjoyed your company immensely!  I hope you learned a thing or two and had fun doing it.

A hearty well-done to Frank for squeaking in a 210 on a rapid-fire AQT and for being a good sport about his dousing with the last drop of my North Bridge water.

Erin and Matt made the trip all the way from VA.  Matt arrived with some fairly well developed "self-taughtedness" and though Erin was brand new to rifles she took to it like duck to water...

Greg, good seeing you again!  I know you came to master the AQT, I hope you weren't too disappointed that we spent all that time on the big-boy range!

I know some pics were snapped, post away!
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

Another D.O.M.

Thank you Tom for covering this one.

You're correct, it's a real shame that more local folks don't attend these events.  They simply don't know what they're missing, both in rifle marksmanship instruction and in the untold history of how our country began.

The State of Pennsylvania was paramount in the formation and early development of our nation; and the famous Alarm Rider Paul Revere was known to have ridden on horseback many times from Boston to Philly and back delivering information for the Committees of Correspondence.  Even if you already know the history of how our nation was born, the retelling of it never grows old in my mind.

In any case, a job well done.  I, for one, truly appreciate everything you do in promoting Project Appleseed and advancing our mission of waking up the sleeping patriots.
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

sgtrock

Quote from Chainsaw

It's a shame that there were only four folks at the Mifflin County Sportsmen's Association this weekend.

The club really is fantastic.  I live three hours away, but I'm still a member there.  That gives you an idea of how worth the trip it is to spend some time on that gorgeous 1,000 yard range with a mountain for a backstop.

end quote.

Chainsaw is spot on about this range, I have been there twice, am a member as well, and it is 5.5 hrs away, it is worth the trip folks. I will be looking for another Instructor KD shoot there this year or a trip down there on my own, either way, what a place.

sgtrock

Captains1911

Tom, thanks again for an excellent weekend, Erin and I had a great time.  I learned more than I would imagined, and discovered I have some things to work on, which should make my upcoming range trips much more productive.  I am already thinking about my next Appleseed, and I noticed one is held in Chambersburg in June and Sept., which is much closer to us here in VA.  I would really like to attend one of those.  As mentioned, anybody considering an Appleseed who's near Lewistown should check this one out, it really is a fantastic facility.

I only have a few photos, here they are.

Skyraider

Yes, it was really a shame that none of the local shooters from the club attended. They missed a great time.  I learned more about shooting than I had in the last 40 years.  Tom was a an excellent instructor, he caught everything I did wrong even when I tried my best to hide it!

Matt shot very well and Erin was amazingly good considering how new she is to shooting. For shooting only about a year, Greg was surprisingly good.

The photo shows Tom on the left, Erin and Matt, me and Greg. All of us even had a chance to shoot on the big range out to 200 meters. I never knew my DCM M-1 rifle could be that accurate that far away.

I have never shot as well as I did this weekend. I owe it to Tom's in-depth instruction and my fellow shooters who inspired me to do my best.

There is another Appleseed in Gaines, PA in July. I'll definitely will be there.
Frank

Dub

Sorry for the late post.  Thanks for a good weekend.

Gregg