News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

BONFIELD, IL April 21-22, 2012

Started by Patriot Gal, April 23, 2012, 01:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot Gal

Another Appleseed weekend in the history books.

We had 11 Americans get off the couch and involved with the Heritage and History of this great country of ours.  O0
The weather kept us shivering a bit as the surprisingly low temps caught a few of us off guard, but that didn't stop the students from persevering diligently throughout the two days, never complaining, never stopping from being attentive listeners and active participants in the instruction.  On Sunday, I was impressed to see all 9 walk up to the "ready" line, mags in hand, focused on the task ahead, in their "Rifleman's Bubble"!!!  O0

One Rifleman was "born out on the anvil of the AQT" on Sunday!!  O0  Dominic achieved a well deserved score of 218!!  Well done!  ..:..  O0
We had several others, half of the attendees, moving to within reach of the 210 score.  Joe, Katherine, Luis, Luke, Emily, Becca, and Bob were all above a 185 with a few up at 197.  Bob almost requalified with a 208!!  So, next time..... We should see several more Riflemen come out of this group.

History was fun and informative as told by Castle Mountain, Karl, Chief Kid (BooBoo) and Patriot Gal.
All the instructors worked hard to do their best for the student with three receiving promotions:  Karl to RH, JR to IIT3 and Chief Kid (Boo-Boo) to IIT1.

More to come as I get pictures posted!

Thanks to all the Americans for coming out for the shoot!
Hope to see y'all again on the Appleseed Trail!
Patriot Gal  :---
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Tornado

Congratulations Dominic on the Rifleman and Instructors on your promotions.  O0

Way to go Karl! Congratulations  :bow:

-Tornado
"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark

Patriot Gal

Here's a few to get us started.  The review pics are from Sunday.
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Patriot Gal

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Patriot Gal

A few more pics!   O0

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Karl

Sorry to be late in posting....I've been away from my 'puter. (If you only knew my schedule) :sos:

Congrats to Dominic on achieving a riflemen score... O0

To the others that are knocking at the rifleman door,,,,,,,,,Perfect dry fire practice.. What I mean is with a unloaded and cleared rifle (No ammunition in the room) perform dry fire practice keeping in mind the steady hold factors you learned about at the Appleseed and dry firing by the six steps in firing the shot. (Verifying your NPOA....Right  :cool2:) Soon you joining the ranks of riflemen.

My wife should be posting pictures soon that she took at the AS.

Hope to see everyone on the trail real soon.

Karl
"corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
"Si hoc legere potes nimium eruditionis habes."

Karl

OK....My wife sent me the pictures she took at the Bonfield AS.......Although I'm not as pretty as SPQR, you get a healthy does of me... >:D

"corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
"Si hoc legere potes nimium eruditionis habes."