News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Smithville, TX AAR 21-22 April, 2012

Started by didactic, April 23, 2012, 12:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

didactic

Small is beautiful!

Well, actually bigger would have been better, as this late-announced shoot only attracted two shooters.  More than adequately instructed, I sure hope, by LabRat and myself.  Weather was sunny and warm and dry, with only enough breeze to riffle the targets on the backers occasionally.

But it's quality over quantity!  Both shooters showed up with teachable attitudes and working rifles, and Bob fired a qualifying score on the second AQT Saturday afternoon.

Can anybody else in the country claim a 50% Rifleman rate for first-timers?

Less than satisfying numbers, but we're getting future shoots at this venue listed with MUCH MORE advance notice.  And we added our bit to the Memorial Volley, count us at three shooters, as LabRat called the names and I even got to shoot!  How's that for "having it (almost) all?
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan