News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cloverdale, IN Apr 21/22 2012

Started by DaveD, April 22, 2012, 07:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveD

Great!  Fantastic!  What better words can I use?

It was nippy and wet Saturday AM, but we had an enthusiastic group of shooters most new to Appleseed.  As usual Saturday gets a slow start at Cloverdale,  however we persevered through and completed all instruction,  even completing one AQT before wrapping up around 6PM.

Sunday started at 9 AM with a quick review of everything covered on Saturday.  Rifles to the line and rounds down range at 10.  A Red Coat, some squares,  then  AQT's here we come.  Finished aff the day with a new Rifleman - Ron with a 214 & 223. Then everyone had an opportunity to ring steel at 100 yds using a mix of centerfire and rimfire rifles. Wrapped the day up with History and a challange.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

JV

sounds like you guys had a great time. congrats Ron on the getting your patch. Really wish I could have been there this weekend, but work got in the way. I have heard great things about the cloverdale events.
Quote from: ATM on August 14, 2012, 11:37:57 AM
It does not take a majority of cats to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men and breaking stuff in their houses.

Eddie

We had a good group of shooters at Cloverdale.  Ron was very quick to learn the techniques and put them to use.  Bull13 did an awesome instructor demo of the AQT.  It was a little cold and windy but compared to other colder, wetter, windier or hotter Appleseeds it was perfect shooting weather. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

ATM

Sounds like another fine weekend at Cloverdale!

Congrats to Ron on the Rifleman scores and to all who came out on Patriots Day weekend to remember and honor our shared traditions and heritage.  ;)
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0