News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Calverton,NY April 21/22, 2012!

Started by Dakota, April 22, 2012, 04:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakota

Two New Riflemen and one repeat braved the rain today and finished off another great weekend. ^:)^

Saturday started out great and the weather turned in our favor for once. Nobody expected the sun to come out, but I didn't hear any complaints...
Sunday was another story, rain got heavier after lunch but we had a few troopers stay till the bitter end, we had a Father and son team stay until they ran out of ammo, and had to borrow some for the RedCoat, Way to go guys! I see a patch in Bruno's hand this summer.....

I can't say enough about the Calverton Crew, we've had some adversities over the last 12 months, but we came through stronger than ever. I'm proud to work with every one of you. The recent increase in desire to move up is encouraging. 

Some equipment issues plagued some of our AR guys but we got it straightened out, thanks BigMatt for figuring them out. (We finally got Curt's rifle zeroed) O0

Once again, the LIF (Long Island Firearms) crew was out in force and helped fill up the line.

As far as the Anniversary remembrances, we dove a little deeper into some specific individuals during our "Strikes" and the shooters got the message of "Individual Responsibility for the Common Good"
It was refreshing to see the repeat shooters who know the stories take a new interest in them.
Our 4pm salute went great, and was right on time.

I don't have any pictures, but feel free to post them here along with any comments or stories.
Thanks again, Mike

"A fine marksman with a second rate rifle is far more effective than the reverse." - Colonel Jeff Cooper

How good are YOU, with YOUR rifle, Today?

"If the prospect of having your thumb hit by the bolt is unacceptable do not attempt to load your Garand"-Springfield M1 Garand owners manual

R.I.P "DAKOTA" My Buddy 1/24/01 - 6/23/12

Josey Wales

..Dakota & The Calverton Crew,

..Great Job & Thank You for all you do!..  I am glad to see The Mighty Calverton Range still pumping out the Project Appleseed events.  There is always hope that we will make a difference some day!! 
..Remember..   "Where there is life, there is hope."

..........Bless your souls..............Josey Wales............Strength & Honor..............
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

The Mrs.

Great job to shooters and instructors alike!!

A heck of a weekend to be an American!!  With time and effort together we will make this a better nation.
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

Mhnova65

Mike,

Just wanted to pass a long a big thank you to you and your crew this past weekend.  It was my first Appleseed and I had a blast.  You guys were awesome.

Many thanks for all you guys do and hopefully we'll wake up the slumbering American in all of us.  I'll definitely be back and hope to bring along friends and family (although the wife and daughter might take a bit longer).   ;D

Hope to see you all in the near future.

Mark

Mhnova65

Here are some pictures I snapped with my phone.

Are you going to post any of the pics you guys took?

Mark

R1SGx2

QuoteAs far as the Anniversary remembrances, we dove a little deeper into some specific individuals during our "Strikes" and the shooters got the message of "Individual Responsibility for the Common Good"

Where would we be with out Volunteers,

Thank you to all who attended Calverton, good job by all.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

sgtrock

Calverton; The wild west of the East,,, Nice work down there guys, hope to get back there again,

August Son

Below are the pictures I took of the April Appleseed.

Dakota, Congrats on your promotion to Shoot Boss.  You did a tremendous job.

Mike, Congrats on taking the orange hat.

See you next month!

kDan

Congratulations on the SB Dakota!  Wish I was there.

Dakota is right when he says we've had some difficulties in the past 12 months, but we've come a long way, and summer at Calverton is a day at the beach - a very hot, dry, airless beach.  Good to see some new faces mixed in with the regulars, and I suspect we'll be seeing more of each as the sun gets higher in the sky.  Let's see if we can't drag some Manhattan shooters out there to a real range...  a hardcore range;  Calverton...  a word that stands for so much for so many.  It's not just a place, it's a home.

I'm glad, and I thank you guys for keeping it alive and I will do whatever I can to help, including the other 28 days of the month.

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

LittleMo

Great job by both the instructors and the students!
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont