News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bedford Contingent Bedford, IN Patriot's Day 2012

Started by SPQR, April 20, 2012, 12:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPQR

Something weird happens at Bedford.  It doesn't matter how early I show up, there are always a couple shooters already there, so excited are they at the opportunity to visit the Bomb Range.  It doesn't matter how late I show up, a Blue Hat has already taken care of whatever I am supposed to do.  It doesn't matter how many new people I meet, they are always old friends.  It doesn't matter how much I worry about other things going on, things always get better at Bedford.

This was a wonderful event, full of mediocre weather, decent shootin, and BAR-B-Qd RIBS!

We put two new hats on some real great fellas and durn good shooters.  We put rifles in the hands of some folks who had never shot before.  We got to know some new folks who became fast converts to the world of Appleseed and we had a dabba doo time.

I couldn't be happier.

I want to thank an excellent staff that supported, promoed and ran a good shoot.  I also want to thank a batch of shooters who had great attitudes in mediocre weather and proved to be great students.

HUZZAH! 
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

DaveD

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

Orangedotfever

Will be there ready to go. Trying to qualify open sights this time.
"Need", has nothing to do with it!

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living."  John Wayne

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well armed lamb.

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Orangedotfever

Excellent shoot once again folks. Thanks for the great time and GREAT food. Sophie and Kelly made rifleman this time around! Way to go ladies! And watching little Kallie (hope I spelled that correctly) blossum from the shy little "fish out of water" on Saturday into the smiling, AR-15 shooting, 100 yard gong ringing, blonde rifleman to be just warmed my heart. What with HQ slave driving the AQT's on Sunday, the girls are showing us up guys! It's no wonder Bedford sells out so fast. Punch your tickets early or you'll miss all the fun.

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living."  John Wayne

Orangedotfever

Oops. Forgot to congratulate Rich on his red hat and Rob and Jeff for their new Orange hats. I've shot with Rob and Jeff in prep sessions and know that they have worked hard and will be great assets to Appleseed.

techres

Syd

great weekend shooting as always! did i shoot well? NO!!...buuuuuut should be back next time to try again and dad has already decided to build me a new gun! thanks to all who helped make this shoot run so smooth!  :---

ryancoy

Awesome awesome weekend. I had so much fun this weekend and can't wait till I'm able to attend the next shoot. I'm still in shock that I was fortunate enough to earn my Rifleman badge. Thanks to all the help and great instructors we had this weekend. Also a big thanks to Chili Dog for allowing us to come to his property and have so much fun. Oh and excellent cooking too. Again thanks to everyone for making my first Appleseed a memorable one.

TBE

As always, The Bedford Contingent deliveres!

I was privileged to spend this weekend at the lovely Bomb Range.  This weekend I saw real challenges overcome and American's wake up from their slumber.
I saw Americans sharing, cooperating and taking responsibility for their own safety and the safety of their neighbors.  I made some new friends and I could not be any happier to see many of my old friends.  You people are a credit to your forefathers. 

I would like to specially thank the parents who brought their children out to shoot this weekend.  First, thank you for being involved in the lives of your children.  So many people seem to dump their kids on television and distraction and hope it all just works out somehow.  Second, thank you for raising such wonderful children.  The youth at this shoot are a pleasure to spend time with and they can be trusted with the lives of those around them. They are not just,"good kids", but "good citizens".
Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.  General Washington, July 2, 1776

Timber

Thank you all for the great weekend!  The instruction was fantastic, and I got a TON of great help on things I never would have picked up on, no matter how much brass I threw downrange by my lonesome.  I look forward to seeing you at another shoot!

-Karen

JSW

Thanks to all of you that PARTICIPATED!!!! Don't stop.  This is just the beginning.  I know I am blessed to be here now with an opportunity to be part of this great American community. Tell someone about Project Appleseed today. JSW

Orangedotfever

Quote from: Timber on April 23, 2012, 10:22:14 AM
Thank you all for the great weekend!  The instruction was fantastic, and I got a TON of great help on things I never would have picked up on, no matter how much brass I threw downrange by my lonesome.  I look forward to seeing you at another shoot!

-Karen

Karen, It was great working with you during ball-and-dummy. You have great concentration and follow through and very good form. You will shoot a rifleman score soon, just keep it up. Thanks for putting up with the roar of my AR all day, right beside me, on Sunday, you're a trooper. See you on the line soon.

Mitch

susanscales

Prior to my first Appleseed I had never even held a firearm.
This was my second one ---- and I achieved Rifleman!!!
How?  It's all due to the amazing teaching by an even more amazing staff! 
One on one, patience, love of country and instilling in all of us that we each CAN make a positive difference in this world of ours! 
Many thanks to Shannon and the rest of the crew for this wonderful experience!

susanscales

This is how my Rifleman day went!
First -- 10 shots standing up -- in 2 minutes!!!!

susanscales

Next -- sitting.
5 rounds in each of 2 targets --- in 50 seconds?  Are you kidding!

susanscales

The last 2 positions are prone. 
One with 3 targets and the last with 4.
Tons of concentration, more tons of fun!

Chilidog

Congratulations to our 3 Riflewomen! Way to go Susan, Kelly, Sophie! And to our riflemen Ryan and Gregg, good job! But the REAL congratulations goes to all who came out this weekend and learned what a real patriot is like and what they can do to save our nation! Thank you Rob and Jeff for taking a orange hat and what a great job you did! Thanks to Loctite for the superb cooking! Glad you all came and I look forward to seeing you again!
Chilidog
No better investment can you make than in your fellow American. For it will pay off in future generations of Americans to come.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine

susanscales

At the end of the weekend = RIFLEMAN!!!!
Rifleman patch.
Bedford Contingent Bonus?  Sign the bomb!!!
AWESOME!!!

susanscales

Last but not least ---- pure joy!

techres

What an amazing weekend full of new shooters, new riflemen and new friends.  We had a ton of youth, a ton of fun and a lot of smiles along the way.

Youth Shooters

We had a ton of youth shooters.  Some were new to firearms, some very experienced.  Some had to get over personal hurdles of shyness and others over physical challenges that could have been insurmountable to most.

Our youth included...

A great big brother we wanted to get more time with:

A great young lady who when from a silent shy....

...to a .223 roar by the end of the weekend!

A young woman who personifies persistence.

A boy who can wield a man's rifle better than most men.

A great kid with the best hat EVER!

A young woman who earned her patch in 8 shoots - all through hard work:

And a young man who overcame everything to be with us, and who beat the AQT despite life sized odds:

Each of these kids is deserving of our respect and was a pleasure to spend time with.  Good job to all!

Riflemen & Riflewomen

In addition to our youth shooters that earned a patch, there were adults as well.  Each earned their patch, and per Bedford tradition, got to sign "the bomb":

One dangerous mom:

And Dad:

A woman who did it in a mere 2 shoots depite it only being her only rifle experience:

And a young man who fought hard to win his patch:

Congrats to each of you!!!

Fun Times & Friends

MMMmmmm..... BBQ

And Doughnuts

Trigger time.

And best of all, the group picture: