News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Alamogordo New Mexico 14-15 Apr 2012

Started by duc-dog, April 18, 2012, 10:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duc-dog

Another great shoot passes into memory.  As always I'm impressed with the true love of country displayed by both shooters and instructors.  I can't say that the weather cooperated,  especially after a 50 mph gust took out the target line.  We just used the occasion to break for lunch, then after a good dose of history it was back to the line to practice the marksmanship part of our heritage.  Our three young shooters give me hope for the future.  Not one complaint, despite the weather.  All three showed great improvement with some scores getting into Sharpshooter range.  All of the adult shooters are knocking at the door of that Rifleman score, they just have to let that inner rifleman out.  Congratulations to Richard for making Rifleman.  When he returns home from deployment to Afghanistan,  I would be proud to slap an Orange hat on him.  Thanks to all of the Instructors and IIT's for their help,  without them this just ain't happening.  And thanks to all of the shooters,  I'll see you next time.   Bring a friend   
see you all on the trail,
       Milt
l
If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

oladcock

Great Americans and other than the wind and dirt on Saturday, couldn't ask for a better weekend. Good job Richard, congrats on the score and stay safe! Ron, keep it up, you are right there and thanks for bringing the M1 out. Asa, that Brown bess is bigger than you are! :) Everyone made huge improvements. I tip my hat...O.L. 
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Captwa

After slacking on dry trigger time and the LTR all winter my skills got rusty! ( ok I got sidetracked with some other rifle and reloading) Still on the trail and ain't quitting!

Met some good folks and had fun as always!

Wa

Jerry Hall

Howdy All,

Thanks to you all for making this a great event.
&
Happy Patriots Day!!!

Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Appleseed Widow

What a wonderful weekend.  Richard not only am I proud of you shooting rifleman, I was inspired by your words.  You make me remember what it is to be an American and how very blessed we are as a people.  Take good care of yourself while you are deployed, God and I will be talking about you daily.  Jim, I can't wait for you to get rifleman just so I can hear you do one of the strikes when you put on that orange hat.  Sounds like you have already been giving lots of thought to your presentation.  Ron, you aren't going to get much use out of the ROC.......it is only good until you shoot rifleman........one more shoot and that card will no longer be needed :) Sam, it was such a pleasure to get to know you and see how your shooting improved over the weekend.....I am sure your dad was very proud when he saw your AQT and red coat targets.  Matt you are so close......I really hope to see you at the next Appleseed.......Asa....your ever present smile and energy kept us all going through the wind and flying dirt......Thank you all for coming and giving it your all....that includes the instructors who kept Milt and I from being a two person show.......we appreciate the time and travel put in by all!

Hope to see you all at the next Appleseed
Margie