News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Schedule for Waco, GA April 21-22

Started by franklinfarmer, April 17, 2012, 03:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franklinfarmer

Please find attached the proposed schedule (with assignments) for the upcoming Patriot's Day shoot. 

As usual, give me feedback in advance so changes/corrections can be made.

ff

PS UPDATED 2 PM, 4-19
It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

--Wendell Berry, "The Loss of the Future" in The Long-Legged House  (1969)

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce

DrJohn

John,

The COI looks fine, but I didn't see any mention of an Actual Distance component. Was this intentional?

Sherpa and I plan to arrive Friday afternoon shortly after lunch to set things up. Will there be any difficulty securing access to the range? Have you already discussed with Sherpa how you would like it set up? This is only my second AS at Waco so I am a bit unfamiliar.

Look forward to seeing you soon. My assignments are OK
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

franklinfarmer

I responded to DrJohn via PM, but if anyone else is curious about KD, we are hoping to have 100+ shooters on the line and are going to be shooting at the side berm of the rifle range.  This will make a KD (shooting) component impossible unless we drop below 25 shooters on Sunday and reorient the line.  I don't anticipate this happening, even with the rain.  If anyone wants to do a technical riflery class on Sunday morning, I'm happy to add this in.

FF
It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

--Wendell Berry, "The Loss of the Future" in The Long-Legged House  (1969)

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce

Mac Attack

Myself and my Son attended the Waco Appleseed event this past weekend and we had a excellent time!  The entire cadre of instructors were very professional and genuinely enthusiastic about passing on the history and philosophy of the Appleseed Project.  We found the training we received to be enlightening and the history of the revolutionary war made me interested to learn more about about it.

I would personally like to say thank you to all the instructions who spent a significant amount of time helping my son, Keoni.  On the first day Keoni could not put his rounds on target....he could not even hit the paper target :'(!  He also could not shoot quick enough to finish stages of the AQT within the given timeframes.  This caused him to be frustrated that he could not keep up with the rest of the shooters and really put a damper on his ability to enjoy the training.   With all the personal attention and encouragement he received from the instructors (Ed. B spend the whole first day with him), by the end of the second day after some adjustments to his rifle he was consistently hitting his targets and finishing his strings well before the allocated timeframes  ^:)^.  As a matter of fact, he shot better than me on day 2 and most of the time was done shooting before I was :slap:

I can't express how proud I felt to see him progress from a new shooter to an experienced shooter.  By the end of the second day when I watched my son shoot the stages of the AQT I noticed how fluid in his motions were as he went from standing to sitting, standing to prone, how he adjusted his sling and shot via the six steps....etc.  His confidence was up and he even had a few words of advice to me on how to improve my shooting... his advice was correct :).  To cut to the case, we both had a great weekend and learned a whole heck of a lot and are now motivated to continue to improve the skills we gained during the event so one day we too would join the ranks of the Riflemen!

My sincere gratitude to all the instructions for a well run class. 

Mark and Keoni