News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Atlanta Indiana, April 14-15 2012

Started by yellowhousejake, April 16, 2012, 07:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

Wet and cold on Saturday, hot and windy on Sunday. That must be the secret recipe for good marksmanship.

We had a great weekend. Though we got off to a bit of a late start we still managed to get all the instruction in by the end of the day Saturday, even calling the line cold for lightning and letting a storm pass by. True to form, everyone stuck it out through the day. Soggy rifles and soggy mats didn't stop our group.

We saw lot's of good shooting and scores improved consistently all weekend. Michelle and her great sense of humor kept a smile on everyone's face, and Shea's quiet calm and excellent targets kept everyone thinking grandpa had brought a ringer.  :cool2:

I know I enjoyed the weekend even with the weather, and I can't think of a better way to spend two days with other Americans.

Yellowhousejake

PS. Did I mention that Justin got a Rifleman score and backed it up? Don't be surprised if he is wearing an Orange hat the next time you see him at Atlanta.

I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

JV

it was a great weekend. cold, wet, shooting in standing water, saturday was a blast. as always the instruction and the history was interesting, and even though i have been to the line a couple of times before, I still was able to learn more. sunday was a welcome change, altho the wind made the standing and sitting stages on the AQT a bit tough at times. finally getting over the 210 felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders  ^:)^. Thank you YHJ, Grunt Soldier, pudley and philagothon for a great time. also thank you to ms blue hat (sorry, i am terrible with names) for helping the event to stay on track and bringing out a mascot for this weekends shoot. I had a great time, and look forward to helping out with future shoots.  :---
cant wait to see pics from this weekend.
Quote from: ATM on August 14, 2012, 11:37:57 AM
It does not take a majority of cats to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men and breaking stuff in their houses.

Pilgrim83

Thanks for a great experience! This was my first Appleseed but definitely won't be my last. Saturday's weather was miserably wet, but the history and marksmanship training were outstanding! A great group of instructors and fellow shooters made this a memorable day.

My Sunday was kind of scattered, I originally was not going to be able to get back to the range, but after Saturday's experience I knew I was going to do everything I could to get back out there. I arrived very late in the day but was able to, for the first time ever, fire a U.S. Rifle caliber .30 M1...what a joy! Also, YHJ graciously allowed me onto the range, after everyone else had already finished, to shoot my first AQT. It was a different story than the day before to say the least! I felt the pressure of the AQT and it showed in my scores. But I am now the proud owner of a ROC so I will be participating in a couple more Appleseeds yet this year (with a friend) and will hopefully earn the distinction of Rifleman.

I hope the Appleseed Project explodes in popularity, it is a very profitable experience. I am honored to have been a part of it.

See you all at the range!
RMOR

grunt soldier

as always it was a blast.   glad my voice held out for the day calling the line.  there was some dang good shooting going on.  I think shea's best score was a 209.   she was rocking it out.  many other good shooters also.  everyone did a great job.  congrat JV on the new score.  think about our talk and get that orange hat.  I think it will suit you well sir.

thanks for putting up with me :)
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Niecie

Hello all! So sorry this took so long to get the pics posted, but the day job is pretty important, too! Speaking of, I really wanted to be there with you all on Saturday, but YHJ gave me the details and said you all had a great day in spite of the weather. Sunday of course, was sunny and I was there (coincidence? umm yeah  ;D )

Special thanks to Christalynn for taking care of all the blue hat duties! YHJ mentioned several times that it was great having you there to help (and TJ, too!)

Here are the photos I took Sunday afternoon. My apologies to all I did not get to see or take pics of over the weekend.

See ya'll soon,

Niecie

The sunshine is here! I think Gruntsoldier brought it!

Load....

Bang!

Bang!

Smile!

A great group of Americans on a Sunday afternoon...

The ringer! Great targets and a well deserved youth patch! I am sure your grandfather is VERY proud!

Our next Orange hat? I think so  ^:)^

Some personal instruction! and Grunt Soldier caught laying down on the job  ;D

O0

JV

thanks for taking pictures. after seeing myself shooting that M1, I will now have to go purchase one. (I was going to anyways, told myself after seeing the one at my first AS that it would be my present to myself once I passed the AQT).
Quote from: ATM on August 14, 2012, 11:37:57 AM
It does not take a majority of cats to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men and breaking stuff in their houses.

FireAxes

Quote from: grunt soldier on April 17, 2012, 07:31:25 PM
as always it was a blast.   glad my voice held out for the day calling the line.  there was some dang good shooting going on.  I think shea's best score was a 209.   she was rocking it out.  many other good shooters also.  everyone did a great job.  congrats JV on the new score.  think about our talk and get that orange hat.  I think it will suit you well sir.

thanks for putting up with me :)

Sounds like you got put to work. I'll let you slide on not coming to Wabash.

grunt soldier

dang it neicie I told you to only use the camera that made me look skinny.  I can see my gut in these pictures.  :) 

AND rob sir, I'm sorry stop yelling at me :)

great shoots guys.  lets keep it up for sure.
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.