News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sprinfield, Or April 14-15

Started by RL, April 16, 2012, 12:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RL

Thank you to everyone for attending. Lots of youth this weekend, in fact our youth shooters equaled our adults and women outnumbered men! Woo hoo! Thank you as well to the Emerald Empire Gun Club for hosting us and Yan for getting it all set up for us. All of our shooters improved, and enjoyed the history as always. Theophilus, good job on the first round of SBIT. Yan and Ambulance Driver, thank you for bringing out your groups of shooters, the line would have been sparse without them. Pretty good weather this weekend as well, which is always refreshing. In July last year the range was hit by a freak combination of monsoons, hurricanes and cyclones, but not so this shoot.
...and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people.
John Adams, from the Boston Gazette, February 6, 1775

We live, my dear soul, in an age of trial. What will be the consequence, I know not.
John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 1774.

AmbulanceDriver

Oh man.  What an awesome weekend it was.   I'm bone tired at work this morning, my throat is still shot, and I hurt in places that I didn't even know I had (well, at least not since last time I was at Appleseed....  ;D ) but I'm still grinnin' from ear to ear.  What a perfect shoot to come back into the Appleseed fold...   O0

As RL mentioned, was able to bring down three shooters this weekend, a friend and her two daughters.   The girls plan on taking a bunch of promo materials to their school this week.  As well as inviting a couple of *their* friends to the next Appleseed they get to go to.  Seventh steppin' all the way.  Gotta love it.    ..:..  And is it a good thing that the girls were asking about and trying to figure out how to make it to the Bickleton, WA shoot this coming weekend?   O0

Yan, thank you so much for lining things up for us at Emerald Empire Gun Club.  And thanks to the board of EEGC for being willing to have us out there this weekend, spreading the message and helping reconnect Americans with their heritage.

And a personal thanks, Yan, for being willing to stick around a little longer to let Mr. John Garand's best creation speak on the public 100 yard line.   Those that got to hear (and generate!) the oh-so-classic "bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-PING" had a great time. 

Well, enough about me yackin'....  How about some pictures...   :pop:

(yes, as soon as I took the picture I realized she still had her finger on the trigger, it was addressed :) )

Mag change on stage 2 is serious business.... 

RL using the thwapping stick (aka cleaning rod pointer) on Prescott....

Stout recoil, but still grinnin'

"bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-*PING*" (Since we were constrained to shooting from the bench, we stopped using the sling.  Just slowed things down too much for changing shooters.)

RL

"Constrained to a bench"...perish the thought...
...and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people.
John Adams, from the Boston Gazette, February 6, 1775

We live, my dear soul, in an age of trial. What will be the consequence, I know not.
John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 1774.

AmbulanceDriver

Quote from: RL on April 16, 2012, 03:03:30 PM
"Constrained to a bench"...perish the thought...

I know.....   I know.....     :-[

But, since we were guests....   :)

Prescott

I would like to extend thanks to RL and Theopholis for leading a great shoot this weekend.   All of the shooters were having a good time improving their marksmanship and learning the heritage of our country.

I would also like to thank Yan and the rest of the rest of the family for coming out.   I see a family of marksman in the making.   We just need to get that gene pool to follow through on their shots, and we will see the size of the groups start to shrink.   I do have to give your family credit for learning to shoot using their nice CZ bolt rifles and persisting at working on their marksmanship.

AmbulanceDriver, it was nice to have you back on the line with the instructor corp in OR.   It was a pleasure working with you and your 230 AQT score shows that you have kept your marksmanship skill sharp.   Also, thank for bring the ladies to the shoot this weekend.   It was fun watching their smiles increase as the marksmanship skills increased throughout the weekend.  I hope you twist their arms and get them to either to the upcoming Bickleton or Redmond shoots.

Caleb, thanks for taking the time to join us this weekend and embracing the heritage of our country.   Keep practicing the skills you learned this weekend by doing some dry-fire practice at home.   If you do this regularly, I know you will make rifleman at your next event.  You had some awesome groups, which showed you were mastering the techniques you learned this weekend.   I hope to see you soon at another AS and watch you pick up the Rifleman patch.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Joni

I will be posting a few pictures, most of them will be at this link:
http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb417/JoniWagner/Springfield%20OR_April%202012/

Please take the ones you want. Thank you ladies for the "Hot Cocoa Moma" award! I am honored!
Thank you Akari for the beautiful flower necklace! I am doubly blessed!
Joni

Joni

I won't be posting pictures cause they are very large! Please go to the link, there are lots of pictures.

AmbulanceDriver

Joni, thanks so much for all you did this weekend!  Taking care of all the shooters (and instructors) making sure we stayed hydrated, and warm with hot cocoa and coffee (and ginger tea for when the line boss doesn't have a voice left!  Thank you!!!).  And for (trying) to keep Dave in control....   &)

**)

Looking forward to seeing you guys in Bickleton!

Joni

You are so welcome Jon, thanks for getting back into it, and so looking forward to Bickleton! Did you see the pics I took?, lots of you in there, just don't know how that happened!! lol

AmbulanceDriver

Yeah, I saw them.   You're sneaky with that camera...  :P

cptdondo

Thanks everyone for a great time.  I didn't do as well as I'd like but Jason is about as good as I am, which is both good and bad.   ;)

Akari discovered that she needs new glasses; still, shooting a bolt action with irons (not target, but irons) is pretty tough and she did great!

I'm proud of my kids if you can't tell.    ;D

Once again, thanks!  and let's hope we can do it at EEGC again!

Joni

cptdondo, you should be proud of your kids, they are great and make sure please to let Akari know how much the flower chain pleased me, OK? It is my avatar pic.
Thanks,
Joni