News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Tulsa\USSA April 7-8

Started by Scarecrow, April 10, 2012, 09:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarecrow

The after action report is now open for Tulsa, United States Shooting Academy
Post your pics and comments.

TomCat

Our forefathers, and the marksmen of April 19, 1775 would be proud of the shooters that participated in the event this last weekend in Tulsa.  Everyone laid in puddles and shot strings of fire during downpours difficult to see through.  These shooters know the meaning of the term, "Lay on your arms" as ordered to the militia the night of April 19 as it rained and they were making sure the Regulars didn't come back out of Boston.  Was glad to see our friends from Arkansaw, and hope they come back over this way again soon.  I believe there were some ROC's issued, so we can probably count on a number of these shooters coming back to future events and earning that patch.  There were several that came oh-so-close, like Andrea, Pat, Alex and several others.  Always remember, "A Rifleman persists".  Practice what you were taught.   Proudly,  TomCat.
Motto of Oklahoma:  Labor Omnia Vincit-  "Hard work conquers all."

TomCat

Saturday April 7, was one rainy day at the range.

TomCat

Did not hear one complaint about a-shootin' in the rain on Saturday.  The USSA rangemaster started taking down the target backers during lunch.  He thought Appleseed events shut down just because of heavy rain.  hahahaha

TomCat

Sunday was beautiful.  In the 70's and dead calm at times.

TomCat

On Sunday, RH Al's son Alex made a 195 early in the day.  There were couples: Andrea and Shawn, Pat and Wendell, and father/son team Mike and Kevin.

TomCat

The crew from Sunday, and Andrea bearing down on a target.

TomCat

We want to thank all the shooters of April 7-8,  and the US Shooting Academy for letting us use their north range at the 100 acre facility in Tulsa Ok.  I recommend everyone check this place out! 
Saturday there were a few periods of calm scattered throughout the day of mostly wind, rain and downpours.  Every person there persisted!  We had to slip and slide our vehicles out from where we were parked after lunch, and move them to the parking lot on higher ground if we wanted to get out of there that evening, but Sunday more than made up for it with a beautiful spring day.
Let's hear some comments from the soggy shooters of this weekend. 

lastround

hello there fellow seeds...  ;)  fresh from the couch to my/our (my wife Pat&I ) first appleseed event in Tulsa...cudos to Daniel, Will, and Tom for putting up with  a couple of newbies on soggy saturday and to Al (i hope i got that right) for helping us out on sunny sunday as well. We both shot AR 15s  mine a model 1 sales 20 inch upper on  bushmaster lower and she shot a model 1 sales M4 A3 carbine with a Redfield revolution 3x9 scope that a friend insisted i take as a backup rifle...little did he know that it would be more like bobbing for appleseed on Saturday ;) both rifles performed well even with russian 55 grain 223 silverbear ammo. I  must mention that neither rifle was sighted so it was truly a learning experience from the beginning. Pat shot a 180 on the untimed AQT and i shot 140 at the end of the first day..not too shabby considering... :---on Sunday i quickly learned that i wasnt too quick on the timed stages but enjoyed them immensely alll the same..overall i came away with great confidence that we both could become riflemen with practice.... :---

Scarecrow

We are very glad you came out on a holiday weekend.
Come back for another event and we can help in getting that expert score and Rifleman patch.
Dry practice/Live practice between now and then is highly recommended.
Positions and transitions become easier with practice as well.
Remember to "relax" for NPOA.
Bring some new people along too.

Your friend, Will.

Quote from: lastround on April 12, 2012, 10:22:44 PM
hello there fellow seeds...  ;)  fresh from the couch to my/our (my wife Pat&I ) first appleseed event in Tulsa...cudos to Daniel, Will, and Tom for putting up with  a couple of newbies on soggy saturday and to Al (i hope i got that right) for helping us out on sunny sunday as well. We both shot AR 15s  mine a model 1 sales 20 inch upper on  bushmaster lower and she shot a model 1 sales M4 A3 carbine with a Redfield revolution 3x9 scope that a friend insisted i take as a backup rifle...little did he know that it would be more like bobbing for appleseed on Saturday ;) both rifles performed well even with russian 55 grain 223 silverbear ammo. I  must mention that neither rifle was sighted so it was truly a learning experience from the beginning. Pat shot a 180 on the untimed AQT and i shot 140 at the end of the first day..not too shabby considering... :---on Sunday i quickly learned that i wasnt too quick on the timed stages but enjoyed them immensely alll the same..overall i came away with great confidence that we both could become riflemen with practice.... :---

K98Al

It was a pleasure to be there this past weekend - y'all made some great improvements throughout the day! Like Will said - dry fire, practice transitions, all helps. Rifleman's cadence! See you soon, Al.
Before we can defeat our external enemies, we must first meet and defeat everything in ourselves that is weak, lazy, and cowardly; everything in our character that is materialistic rather than spiritual, which seeks weak compromise and accommodation rather than struggle and victory.