News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pensacola, FL - Mar.31/Apr.01, 2012

Started by LadyZipper, April 02, 2012, 11:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyZipper

ERML range in lovely Pensacola FL was host to a fun and exciting AppleSeed this past weekend. Over the course of the weekend we had the joy and privilege to work with 15 shooters. We ended the weekend with 3 repeat Riflemen - Kip, Mark & Tim. We struggled through rain and heat and persevered. Many thanks go out to all the participants. Especially our youth - Chris, Lily and Hank. They were safety conscious and very open to instruction.

Kudos to all the participants and thanks to my fellow instructors. The three amigos rode again.

Pictures will be posted soon. So check back.

Johnnyappleseed

Good shoot LZ O0
Congratulations to the new Florida Riflemen ^5
Nice avavtar Vicki , would like us to send you a shiny new shoot boss hat? :D
hi from california
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

AdobeWalls

Florida is a fun place this time of year, especially at Appleseed shoots. It rains, sometimes quite a lot, and it's not cold. So if you wear your raincoat or poncho, you continue to sweat inside the plastic, and it turns out you are just as damp as if you stood out in the rain without the coat. When it's over, your mat is soaked, ponded with rainwater, so as Tim says, "I'm a human towel for my shooting mat." Then the sun comes out and it get steamy real fast. Nevertheless, nearly all shooters returned for more on Sunday, plus one new shooter arrived. It was a very dedicated band of shooters.
Our junior Patriot shooters were the greatest. They never ask for anything, and they soak up everything the Instructors say. At least that's what we think. It's all in there now, and it's going to be great when they come back and show us how they have applied what they learned. It's the best part about instructing (my opinion).
We have a merciful Shoot Boss, and when everyone was dragging from the heat in the mid-afternoon on Sunday, after getting up and down off the ground all day, she graced us with an extra history lesson, and revived shooters and instructors spirits.
But you and all the kind of Christ are ignorant and brave,
And you have wars you hardly win, and souls you hardly save.
                            -- Chesterton, Ballad of the White Horse, 1911

The easy way is always mined.  -- Murphy's Law of Combat Infantry

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain

TomM1Thumb

Hello Lady Zipper and Crew,

To just say We Missed You all at the IBC would be an understatement! But We understand that there were Good reasons for doing So.

While You were Teaching Appleseed, We were Learning How to better teach it.
The travel was quite distant, 8 hours there about. There are too many more to list here.

Thank You for All you do and Have done! I hope to work with each and everyone of You somewhere down the Trail.

May god Bless All Here!

Tom
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

gcvaughn

Another great, no, maybe the best Pensacola shoot yet!  Certainly the best Sunday-return percentage of all time, as 12 of the 14 Saturday shooters returned and we added a Sunday walkon.  Everyone attending brought great teachable attitudes and the groups on squares showed that.  No complaints were heard either on that rainy Saturday morning or that hot Sunday afternoon, and all were treated to great history from Vicki and Richard.

To me, the biggest success was the overwhelming response of both the repeat shooters and the new ones to the 7th- step plea.  An impromptu brainstorming session broke out as we were breaking down the range, with many thoughts and action plans coming about as a result.  Thanks to all who attended and committed to spreading the word and bringing friends next time!

Short of time now, but wanted to start my post- will be back later with more and a few pics too.

Chris
I like shooting with precision.  It appeals to every part of me- AdobeWallsOfFla

ThaiFighter

I'm sure she has one, she just hasn't found ribbons that match. :)

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on April 03, 2012, 02:41:57 AM
Good shoot LZ O0
hi from california
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: ThaiFighter on April 03, 2012, 06:07:18 PM
I'm sure she has one, she just hasn't found ribbons that match. :)

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on April 03, 2012, 02:41:57 AM
Good shoot LZ O0
hi from california

OK LZ
Inquiring minds want to know  **)
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Sly223

I often forget that is still Fl way up there!
LZ, thanks to you and your crew, for always securing our Northern Boarder!
This saves me a 10 hr drive.
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

BLACKFOG

Where to start. I had a blast and learned allot I have been shooting most of my life and as of late My shooting was exactly that. I had forgotten and or neglected the skills that the instructors were teaching. I had become too dependent on rests and benches using them to hunt and shoot with.

To be honest I thought it would be that way when I showed up and I was a little too positive about my abilities ummm boy was I wrong. But I kept an open mind and used what was being taught. But as my luck usually goes my optics were bad that in combination with 2 piece scope rings didn't help much. so no rifleman patch this go round. Come October 6Th and 7Th that patch is mine I'll take mine in purple Ladyzipper LOL just kidding.

On another note I have already had 2 fathers say they were bringing there children with them, I hope they follow through.( I think I'm going to need more brochures, ha ha) My hats off to the instructors You could tell they loved what they were doing and as much as I love shooting I hope to be joining there ranks soon. My thanks to the people that showed up and persevered through the heat without them there couldn't be events such as this. I could go on and on but I will stop for now.
All it takes for evil to succeed is for a good man to do nothing.

-Edmond Burke-

gcvaughn

Blackfog, it was great to have you on the line, I am planning on bringing you more brochures out to the range.  Thanks for helping to bail!
I like shooting with precision.  It appeals to every part of me- AdobeWallsOfFla

BLACKFOG

Thanks for helping to bail!Don't really know what that means but thanks, gcvaughn I really enjoyed being there. The brochures would be handy. I'm hitting the local scout troops, Boys and Girls to see if they would be interested in coming to the Appleseeds held later this year BTW how many slots are usually open at the Pensacola Appleseed. Guess that would be a good thing to know If I am going to be trying to get people there lol. Y'all have a good one and wish you straight shooting  :---

P.S.
just had another father say he was going to really try to be there with his two kids.

-Edmond Burke-

Sly223

The analogy is,
that this country is like a ship taking on water and starting to sink. All of us volunteers are helping to right the ship and bail it out,
so that it does not sink and can maintain it's course!
To the future and posterity of this country!
Is why we do what we do! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

BLACKFOG

I thank you for the clarification sir. I am glad that I am doing what I'm doing, and that with renewed vigor have found something that I should have been doing all along. I have taken for granted the liberty that was hard won, at a very high price.

My birthday is on the 21st of April and as it falls so closely to the 19th I will never look at my birthday the same way again, for as long as I live may I never forget the cost that came with what we as a nation have so shamefully forsaken.

The politicians aren't serving the constitution. I heard that from a foreigner yesterday who came to the range to shoot, if he can see it why can't we?  It's time for ALL of us to get more involved in the political aspect so that we can fight for what we love, America.

-Edmond Burke-

ItsanSKS

Quote from: BLACKFOG on April 06, 2012, 11:12:46 AM
The politicians aren't serving the constitution. I heard that from a foreigner yesterday who came to the range to shoot, if he can see it why can't we?  It's time for ALL of us to get more involved in the political aspect so that we can fight for what we love, America.

Any politician will tell you that they care about the issues that are important to their constituents.  If the politicians do not care about the constitution, then it is We The People who are to blame, as far too few of us care. 

Project Appleseed doesn't concern itself with politicians.  We are working to reach the hearts and minds of the American public.  Only there can this problem be well and truly fixed. 

It is the responsibility of every American to be active involved and aware.  I am heartened to know that there is at least one more American working to restore the ideology of our founding generation.

As Samuel Adams so eloquently put it:
We do not need a majority to prevail; only a tireless minority, keen on setting the brush fire of Liberty in the minds of men.

-ItsanSKS
Have spark, looking for tinder.
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Johnnyappleseed

SKS ^5
What a great way of putting it , very well said and I will use what you said in future discussions .
Sometimes after a talk on rights , i will ask what a particular amendment guarentee's ,i.e. can anyone tell me what #6 says addresses ?

so far no one has said "trial by jury!
Thank you for putting the problem in such clear plain language . O0
Calvin Coolidge

gcvaughn

Finally, pics.  I know there were others shooting pics too, please post!  Seems I didn't take nearly as many as usual, and there were some on my Nikon that I know I didn't take- thanks to AdobeWallsofFla for taking up the slack.