News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Crittenden, KY - Mar.31/Apr.01, 2012

Started by slim, April 02, 2012, 01:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

"If you don't like the weather, stick around a little, it'll change." Well, Appleseeders are about changing the climate, not just the weather!

14 shooters met us at Lloyd Wildlife Management area for a weekend of Liberty through Marksmanship and Heritage. They braved the overcast skies, sunny skies, wind, rain, more sun, hot weather, cold weather, more rain, and so on until finally, on Sunday afternoon, we drove home with nice temperatures, clear skies, and the satisfaction of a job well done. - But not finished yet! That 7th Step still needs some work!

Our Saturday afternoon redcoats told the tale. Improvement made by all. (And we beat those Texans!) With handshakes and hugs, warm good byes and that fire ignited for the cause of liberty, it was time to head out and take the message to posterity. It was great to meet some new folks and spend some time with old friends. I look forward to meeting you again in my old Kentucky home out on the Appleseed trail.

"There's a reason they call it the Kentucky Long Rifle!" 

Barbie

The only thing missing weather-wise this weekend was a snow flurry.  Other than that we got a taste of all the seasons... in one day!

A big thanks to all of the instructors.  Ya'll do a great job, especially with us stubborn ones who need to be put in our place when their rifle continually misfires/jams & they refuse to switch it out...  although I'm not sure who that would be  &)

After this weekend, I have a new found appreciation for the term "adapt and overcome".    :---

It's always a great weekend when you can "get away" from everything and spend time learning/passing on the history that is talked about at AS events.  It's always great meeting up with old friends, and walking away Sunday with new ones.  :)

Can't wait to see ya'll again on the trail  O0

~ Barbie
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

brdholman

It was nice to see the fellow instructors again as well as a determined group of shooters. The mix of shooters was a cross section of America and proof that anyone can learn and enjoy marksmanship. Military, LE, mothers, fathers, sons and daughters.

Barbie,
I have no doubt that you will adapt, overcome and shoot many Rifleman scores with your rifle. Maybe even with your target folded in half.
Brad

Barbie

Quote from: brdholman on April 02, 2012, 08:27:35 PM
Barbie,
I have no doubt that you will adapt, overcome and shoot many Rifleman scores with your rifle. Maybe even with your target folded in half.
Brad

Brad, if the day ever comes where I shoot a 210+ with it folded in 1/2, I would gladly put half a patch on my jacket  ;D
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.