News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Effingham, IL - March 31-April 1, 2012

Started by Tornado, April 02, 2012, 12:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tornado

We couldn't have asked for nicer weather or a more beautiful location this past weekend at the first ever Appleseed shoot at the All American Gun Site range at Huskey Hollow in Effingham, IL.

8 shooters came to hear the history and improve their marksmanship. And improve they did. While no new Riflemen were forged, several were very close and I'm confident they will reach the mark soon. We had several re-qualifications for those who had already received the coveted patch and I think all of us had a great time and learned something new.

Amber Waves received a promotion to IIT1 and Dave "Sprout" accepted the Orange Hat. Brother_Com came out to help with some of his family as well on Saturday. These IIT's did a great job and made this shoot a lot of fun.

Many thanks to our generous range owners and hosts, the Huskey's. We appreciate them sharing this beautiful location with Appleseed and willingness to make adjustments to accomodate Appleseed's needs. They are also heavily promoting Appleseed at their All American SHO-Show gun shows they sponsor (April 27-29 in Effingham) and with modifications they're making, we'll be able to double the number of shooters that can be on the line next time.

Next shoot at this location is June 30th-July 1st. I know we can't wait. Hope to see you there.

-Tornado

"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark

Brother_COM

Kudos to our illustrious Shoot Boss Tornado! I can guarantee Tornado will be one of the best Shoot Bosses Central Illinois has to offer. He has the historical knowledge and passion for our heritage required to thrive as a Shoot Boos. Thanks again Tornado!

My son Josh, daughter Jennifer and her friend Jordan were Saturday only attendees. The kids had a blast! Jennifer RE-QUALIFIED with her best ever score of 226! Josh is knocking at the door of becoming our families next Rifleman!

As an IIT I helped Tornado and Sprout with range and line safety. I even got a chance to call out the line commands as we prepared for our afternoon AQTs. I got to shoot my Mini-14 on the last AQT but just couldn't make the grade :P It's a desire of mine to qualify with that thing :wall: But give me another chance and I'll make the grade O0

Here's a few pics we took at the All American Gun Site Range @ Huskey Hollow.
I'll post more pics later this afternoon.

Let freedom CONTINUE ringing!
Brother_COM

John Boch

Kudos to a successful shoot at a new range associated with the AS program.

Yes, the weather was beautiful...  pretty nice in Bloomington as well for our GSL Defense Training class as well.

Good job, Tornado!

John