News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rochester, IN Mar 31-Apr 1 AAR

Started by AuntieBellum, April 01, 2012, 11:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuntieBellum

Placeholder.  I'm exhausted after shooting steel until early evening.  Can't think of a better reason to be tired.  I'll post more with pictures tomorrow, but feel free to chime in before I get back.  Thank you all for coming out.
---------------------------------
I'm back!  What a great weekend - cold, heat, wind, rain - and, of course, marksmanship and heritage.  I can safely say that we all learned something this weekend.  We spent a lot of time practicing the six steps and NPOA and our steady hold factors, all to bring it together on the AQTs.  All five of our two-day attendees made huge improvements - both in their scores and their ability to manipulate their rifles.  We had two repeat Riflemen - I think the Boller family might actually have to tie their hands behind their backs to shoot anything less than a 210!  And the steel!!!  Oh, my goodness, how everyone had a blast with the steel.  We even took a break when it came down to hang it back up and go for it again!  There were so many different rifles to try, and everyone so freely shared.  It was fantastic.  I may never shoot a FAL again just so I can forever say that every time I shoot one, I hit my target.  **)  Thank you for sharing, Bob.

But more than that, we talked about our heritage.  We talked about the amazing choices our forefathers had to make.  We talked about those sacrifices and what that means for us today.  So what exactly are you going to do now?  Can you go back to looking at life the same way, knowing that real people made real choices to die so that we can have freedom?

I certainly hope not.  I hope everyone comes back soon and brings a friend.  Bring two friends.

Bob, Jessie, Bert, Justin, Camey, David, and Kurt - thank you all for coming out to spend the weekend with us.  I look forward to seeing you all on the line again soon.

"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

NWIeng

Yes...thank you very much for sharing Bob.  Shooting an FAL for the first time was a nice treat.  And it was awesome to see him get the steel swinging with that 308 round.

And some pictures of the great history lessons....

Trust me...it sure felt colder than 50 degrees....

All our shooters were very attentive...