News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2012 Self Reliance Expos Confirmed

Started by Prone to Knit, March 31, 2012, 01:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prone to Knit

These are the confirmed Self Reliance Expos for 2012 as of this morning:

Colorado Springs, Colorado May 18-19

Dallas, Texas July 26-28

Hickory, North Carolina September 14-15

Mesa, Arizona October 26-27

http://www.selfrelianceexpo.com/

Shoots and LibrarySeeds scheduled soon after those dates are sure to be well attended.

Jim and I will be at each of these expos and are the contacts with the Self Reliance Expo group. Approximately one month before each event we will notify the involved states to start getting an instructor team together to work the expo.

Why are they going back to Dallas so soon after being there in February?

About a month ago they got a call from the Glenn Beck group. Glenn Beck is doing a Restoring Love Conference in Dallas July 26-28.  They have apparently already pre-sold 75-100,000 tickets.

They wanted to have some sort of preparedness expo going on at the same time in that area. They shopped around and decided on the Self Reliance Expo.

Restoring Love will be in the Cowboy Stadium.  Across the street at the Sheridan Hotel will be the registration for that conference along with ticket sales for the Self Reliance Expo. The SRE will be promoted by the Glenn Beck group.

Across the way at the Convention Center, the Self Reliance Expo will be held on July 26-28 and Appleseed will be there!

How exciting is that?

Kim
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

scuzzy

I do believe Chuck and I will be there. The last Expo was great.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.