News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cloverdale, IN March 27-28, 2012 AAR

Started by ATM, March 29, 2012, 01:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATM

Indiana's first midweek event!  ^:)^

2 new Riflemen, Tyler and Mike, Congratulations!  O0

Perfect weather (not surprising, I mean, the weather at Cloverdale Conservation Club is always nice.)  ;)

I saw lots of marksmanship improvement as we shared in the fellowship of our unique heritage, discussing the many sacrifices which were made, and our role in preserving it for our posterity.

We're definitely going to need to do some more of these through the week. It was great to see and meet you all, now tell everyone else (that 7th step, remember?) and bring them back with you next time!

Now... who's got some more comments and pictures?  :cool2:
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

tater

Had a great time at cloverdale, as always! I'm very proud of our new riflemen too! They just proved that perseverance will pay off! Hope everyone comes back and brings someone along with them. If not for the superior marksmanship training and highly educational history, come back for the singing!
All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

hooky

The singing alone was worth the price of admission! O0

Thanks for a great shoot.  Wish I could have done both days.

DaveD

It was a cool start at 40 degrees in the AM, but what a beautiful two days weather wise. 

But the weather couldn't hold a candle to our shooters!

Mike and Tyler - congratulations on that Rifleman Patch.  You both worked hard  and persevered.

Danna and Christian, both new to shooting - handled the fire hose of instruction very well.

Thanks to all for making this an enjoyable two days of Marksmanship and History.     ^:)^   Please come back with some friends for our next weekday shoot!  (In the planning)

Pictures should be coming tomorrow.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

grunt soldier

I'll try to get danna on here to post.  she had a blast though.  said it was a amazing time and she facebooked it to all her friends lol.  she was very sore the next day and wished she could have made it back out the next day.

I also had a amazing time, thanks everyone for putting up with me my first time line bossing :)   it was a great learning experience.  I wish I could have made it back out for day 2 but work said they needed me, I would have much rather been out on the line again.

congrats mike and tyler you guys were out there putting all the puzzle pieces in place and earned that patch.  well done.

I can't wait for the next midweek shoot, I think they are going to be a great tool in our tool belts at appleseed.

ATM the singing lived up to the hype.  you were rocking it sir.  what a amazing shoot folks. 
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

stschil

First, I am sorry for the delay in posting these pics.  Two days on the range, then back to work at 0200 the following morning kinda takes a toll on this dangerous old man.  ~~:)
So, without further ado and complaining, here they are

"Those Who Ignore History Are Damned To Repeat It"   Unknown Author

yellowhousejake

Hey, those pictures look funny.

What is with the lighting? Is that WEEKDAY light? Bacon? Shooting? Heritage?

I would change jobs just to spend a weekday on the range with DaveD and hear history! What a great idea.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

mocknbird

I had an awesome time.... was indeed sore the next day..... thanks Pat foe giving me a new reason to shop....(I think I will meed my own gun) and the singing was the icing on the cake!!!!!!!