News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club - Mar 17/18 2012

Started by RangeRat, March 28, 2012, 02:34:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RangeRat

Once again we were reminded why this time of year is nice for shooting (moderate temps) and also why it's not a great time for shooting (windy/rainy)

We had 4 shooters show up in spite of the foreboding forecasts.  Wayne came to us on the recommendation of a LEO trainer we'd worked with quite a while ago, and also David and his sons, Tristan and Aidan, who saw us at the Gun Show the weekend prior to the shoot.  The rain never materialized so we were able to conduct a great shoot without Mother Nature impinging too much.

Out of the gate the Redcoats were on the ropes.  The shooters nailed 2 @ 400, 1 @ 200, but unfortunately one made it to the line and bayoneted his antagonist.  Morgan's Rifle Company didn't have anyone gain membership.  We worked the fundamentals all morning and enjoyed some great history at lunch for those that could hear above the howling wind.  Tristan and Aidan hung in there though and were awarded Luther Blanchard patches for their efforts.  We exited the range just as the rain hit; lucky us...   

Sunday morning found us down one shooter but the others rallied and increased their scores significantly from Day 1.  We shot AQT's until late in the afternoon but David and Wayne couldn't quite get to the elusive 210 mark.  Wayne shot a high of a 198 and David was in the 180's; both have a strong probability of "patching" at their next event.  Tristan hung in there and plans to show off his newfound skills to the youth group he shoots with; he'll be back for sure.  The last redcoat found us with a 400 yd and a 300 yd shooter but still no MRC members.

Thanks to all for coming out this weekend to support me in my quest for my Green Hat.  SniperCat, TrebleShooter, SharpEyedFireChild (in from UT), Persistent_1, VegasCaveman and last but not least Xeyed who helped me tremendously in History.  Couldn't have done it without y'all...

RR

SniperCat

I wouldn't have been anywhere else though I have to say that probably was the coldest Appleseed I have been to in Vegas (notice the number of layer of clothing you can see on SharpEyedFireChild and double it).  There was no where on the range one could go to get out of the wind.  Next month we will probably be burning up!   

SniperCat
Wife of RangeRat (SB), mother of TrebleShooter (SB), SharpEyedFireChild (SB), and Persistent_1 (IIT3)