News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sacramento, CA March 24-25, 2012 AAR

Started by NorCal22Gal, March 28, 2012, 01:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

WOW!!!!  That just really doesn't begin to describe this shoot.  Wonderful shooters, great staff and we dodged the rain that had been forecast all week!!!!!   
Saturday was cold and windy.  Clouds came and went but mostly stayed around.  The shooters were undeterred by the cold weather as they absorbed the information we gave them like sponges. 
Our first Rifleman was Nick, at his second Appleseed.  He shot a very nice 220, then, followed it up with an equally nice 229 just to let us know that he was serious about what he learned.  He asked for and received a bright, shiny orange hat and was promptly put to work helping to clear the line.  He even called the line on Sunday for a bit...awesome work Nick (aka nicksgrub). 
Sunday, we awoke to rain in the early morning, but it was over by 7:15 or so.  Arrived at the range to find the bay we were in was a muddy mess except for the firing line, which was graveled (thank heavens!).   Metal ramps were used to make a bridge over the mud to the target line.  Again the shooters didn't let the weather affect their determination to learn and put what they learned to good use.  5 more shooters proved they knew very well what they were about... 
Ian-214
Nate-217
Stacy-223
Jeff-213 (Jeff also took on the responsibility of the IIT now known as decoy)
Steve-221
It was wonderful to see everyone learning, having a good time and putting themselves in some ways in the history of our founders.   
The youth on Saturday and Sunday proved that our future is in great hands. 
I am looking forward to seeing what the rest of you have to say.  I know I had a wonderful time.
Reporting for Shoot Boss Nukechaser...NorCal22Gal

nukechaser

Since I had to empty my photos to make room for my trip... here they are.

Thanks, NorCal22Gal, for handling the AAR and all your help for this shoot. It is always a pleasure to work with you and EagleScouter!

-nukechaser
Dude, have you ever even read the Constitution? Yeah, didn't think so... Read it and you'll see why I'm pissed off!

nukechaser

More...
Dude, have you ever even read the Constitution? Yeah, didn't think so... Read it and you'll see why I'm pissed off!

nukechaser

And more...

nukechaser

Even more...

Outerstace

This was my first Appleseed event. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and learned lots! (It helped that the rain stayed away)

Big thanks to Nukechaser, NorCal22Gal, Eagle Scouter, and all the staff that helped teach us marksmanship and history. I look forward to shooting another AS event soon!

-Stacy

Ny643

I had an awesome time. Definitely going to be coming back. Thanks for all the help, and don't trust meteorologists :D

-Nick 2

NorCal22Gal

Nukechaser, it was great to work with you and the awesome sac crew.  by the way....the iaar is alllll yours!!!

Stacy, awesome job you did this weekend.  Look forward to seeing you on the line again.

Nick 2...yeah...but this is one time i am very glad they were wrong.

Lagboy

Despite the uneventful threat of rain, I thoroughly enjoyed  this weekend! I would like to thank Eaglescouter and NorCal22Gal for making the trek down this weekend.
Also Thank you Nukechaser for running the show and the rest of the orange hat brigade (Tank, Neve, Missy, Pinbreaker) you guys rock!!!

Every AS weekend I always learn something new and I am grateful for wealth of knowledge that is available during these events.

Nicksgrub and Decoy: Congratulations on your rifleman achievement and stepping up to don the orange hat.

Ian, Nate, Stacy, and Steve: Awesome job making rifleman/woman! It never gets old to hear "...there is someone among us who knows very well what they are about"

Ny643:  you're next!!! Great job on improving your AQT scores.

See ya'll next time.

^:)^

-Lagboy
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
-Sir Winston Churchill

Ny643

Let's hope! I'll be getting out there a few times before the next one to perfect the awesome tactics shown to me by you guys. I WILL OWN THAT PATCH SOON!  O0

NorCal22Gal

^:)^  Now that's determination!!!!  I look forwarded to either seeing you get it or hearing that you got it!! 

WoodDragon

It was my second Appleseed.  Had a great time.  VERY happy that we didn't get rained on (I can be cold, and I can be wet, but I can't function when I'm both cold and wet).  I was hoping to score rifleman using a centerfire with iron sights, but with my recent elbow problems, that was not to be.  However, after dropping down to something a little lighter on day 2 (thank you again for loaning me the 10/22 NorCal22Gal and EagleScouter!), I was able to score rifleman.

It was a great crew and great event!  Everyone on the line improved over the course of the event.  I'll be back soon, and will be bringing my eldest daughter (now 7) next time! 

NorCal22Gal

WoodDragon...Your daughter will have a great time!!! FYI....Toward the end of June we have a shoot in Hat Creek....about an hr east of Redding...and we will be shooting full distance...great opportunity to try for rifleman with your centerfire... hint hint....  ;)

Just Steve

Thanks to a terrific staff, the company of my best gun-crazy friend, and the absence of rain, I had an awesome time at my second Appleseed.  Ian & I swore we would walk away from the event this time with a patch in hand and we pulled it off!  Will definitely attend again, hopefully with more friends and, eventually, with the kids.  Is two-years old a bit early?

See y'all soon! -- Steve  :---
Before there was "Trust your NPOA," we only had to "Aim Small, Miss Small"

NorCal22Gal

Steve, 2 is just a bit young...sorry.... bring more friends and your wife!! 

Oh yeah...I'm sure there is an Orange hat waiting for you guys when you are ready.... :)