News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sparta, IL March 24-25 Ladyseed

Started by Patriot Gal, March 26, 2012, 03:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot Gal

Sparta World Shooting Complex held the first ever Appleseed Ladyseed this past weekend. 14 women and young ladies signed up to take part in our American Heritage of Rifle Marksmanship and to hear the accounts of April 19, 1775.  Three ladies were unable to attend due to illness so we hope to see them the next time!

Although no one achieved the sought after Rifleman patch,  half of the ladies achieving scores between the 170s and high 190s!!!!  Almost everyone was first time shooters! O0 :bow:

Knocking at the door for Rifleman were Lisa, Jennifer, Robyn, and Kelsee with RiflesnReins, KD Cat and RBKL almost hitting the mark to re-qualify!!  Mutti promoted to an IIT2, RiflesnReins took an orange hat and KD Cat took a blue hat of an AppleCore.   Well done everyone, Well done!!!

Mutti re-qualified with a 238!!! WooHoo!!! And The Nailer re-qualified with a 210! (phew!)  KD Cat wanted to baptize him with water, but I told her we only do that the first time!!  O0  Each of the instructors saw some time calling the line, instructing safety rules, steady hold factors, NPOA, IMC, Carding the Sights.  The students had fun being instructors during ball and dummy and everyone benefited from a little trigger control exercise thrown in for good measure! 

Sunday saw less women being able to return to the range which gave our instructors some nice shooting time!  The weathermen were thankfully very wrong in their weather predictions and we had sunny/partly cloudy and a bit breezy conditions....but NO RAIN!!   :bow:

Our heartfelt thanks go out to our gracious host, the State of Illinois Department of Natural Resources for having such a great range and allowing us to bring Appleseed to southern Illinois!  Mose and Bella at the range, were host and hostess extraordinaire, meeting our every need including having the target line set up and spreading gravel and mulch over the very, very soggy ground from the recent rains.  Even though I will need to get a new pair of tennis shoes out of the closet today, at least I didn't leave the pair I wore, solidly stuck in the muck and mire!!! Thank you!!!!  Additionally, Mike at the range restaurant was wonderful!  I simply called in the lunch order and he drove out to the range with the food!  Everyone who worked there was friendly and helpful.  Couldn't ask for more!

All in all it was a perfect Appleseed weekend.  We look forward to returning in July and November for more Appleseeding.  Castle Mountain made sure all the vendor building billboards had Appleseed posters and trifold flyers attached to them, ready for the next tournament on the grounds!  He also visited and left flyers at the Dept. of Natural Resources office on site and at the on site gun store which services all the activities at the complex. We did discuss the possibility for additional dates being available for Appleseed throughout the year.  The range has plans to expand their KD range from 100yds out to 400yds which Appleseed will be able to use for some KD shoots. 

Thanks to the instructors, Castle Mountain, The Nailer, RBKL and Mutti, who made the trip down and thanks to all the wonderful women who persevered to do their best and achieve terrific scores! You can be proud of your accomplishment!!   O0 O0

So, continue to "Shoot like a girl...If you can!"  and we'll see you next time!!   O0
Patriot Gal   :---

(Pictures will be forthcoming)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

RBKL

I have to agree with Patriot Gal:
Great Facility faclity and a great group of ladies (and a couple of guys).  Oh, and the  weather was great too.

I was so please to meet and work with RiflesnReins, KD Cat and Mutti.    The young people at Appleseeds are a pleasure.   It gives me hope for the future.  Hope to meet up with you again on the trail

All of the ladies were great.  Everyone was easy going and open to new challenges. 

The history was great as usaual.  Patriot Gal, Castle Mountain and The Nailer did a great group effort of the 3rd strike, DOM and Dangerous Old Women.   Castle Mountain brought Samuel Wittemore to life.   A great telling.

The weekend went way to0 fast.  It was such a great event.  I got to spend time with wonderful people and I learned so much.

I should have some pictures, but it will be later in the week before I will get them posted.

A suggestion for everyone - Sign up for the next Sparta event now - you don't want to miss it.

Mutti

Both RBKL and Patriot Gal were great to work with.

Many thanks to the "man slaves" (?) who not only coordinated so much but specifically: Castle Mountain who made the history more alive and The Nailer whose patience with everyone was something I'm hoping to emulate.

Donna and Kelly - great improvement! Thanks for reminding me how to be persistent.
Lisa and Kelsee - Oh yeah! Told you it was fun!
Robyn - My friend, I'm so impressed.

We ladies (RiflesNReins, KD Cat and myself) have a new motto:

"Open that door South of I-64"!

See ya'll at the July and November Sparta Appleseed or wherever our trails cross.

mutti
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

RiflesnReins

It was great to be in Sparta for the First Ever Illinois Ladyseed. I enjoyed meeting Patriot Gal and RBKL. I am also thrilled to take my Orange Hat and become an IIT. Besides taking my Orange Hat, my favorite part of the weekend was when KD Cat walked up to Castle Mountain and said "Are you here to be our Man Slave?". Castle Mountain almost fell over laughing.

There was perfect weather for shooting, I am so glad it did not rain. As for there being more shoots for Sparta in the future, I say bring it on! 

I already have some photos downloaded and if you would take a look here it would be much appreciated. http://www.flickr.com/photos/64166653@N04/

I hope to see you ladies again on the trail soon!

RnR  ..:..
"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

Castle Mountain

Here are some pictures of the WORLD CLASS SHOOTING COMPLEX - SPARTA, ILLINOIS
Entrance gate to this magnificent complex

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

NavNuke

An excellent summary with picts Castle Mountain! Look like you did some good ground work while there.

:pop:

XNN
"Be ever questioning. Ignorance is not bliss. It is oblivion. You don't go to heaven if you die dumb. Become better informed. It is necessary for us to learn from others' mistakes. You will not live long enough to make them all yourself." -- Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

Mose Spencer

I would like to extend a hardy THANK YOU!! to all involved in this first Lady Seed .
I am so very impressed at the will and determination of the participants. I have been blessed to see a lot of shooting instructors and students , believe me when I say again IMPRESSIVE!! when I describe this event to others.
We look forward to hosting more APPLESEED events soon.

MOSE

Castle Mountain

Captain Parker Banner on display at the SPARTA shoot

I purpose to make my art file available asap for download.
Magnificient complext

CM

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Mutti

Thanks for the Photos! The "Blue Hat Dance" (KD Cat) and the "Orange Hat Dance" (RiflesNReins) are currently submitted for copyright.  ;D.

We'd be happy to dance with any folks who meet us down South in Marion this month for the next shoot!

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2620104804

Again - Thank you for everything - mutti

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

KD Cat

Thanks to Patriot Gal,Castle Mountain, The Nailer, RBKL and Mutti.
I was happy to get my blue hat and be there to see the 1st Ladyseed in IL!

KD Cat
When a man loves cats, I am his friend without further introduction.
-Mark Twain

Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.
-Mary Kay Ash

Castle Mountain

You earned it. Well done. You and your sister.  O0 ..:.. ..:..

Quote from: KD Cat on April 10, 2012, 03:50:05 PM
Thanks to Patriot Gal,Castle Mountain, The Nailer, RBKL and Mutti.CqM
I was happy to get my blue hat and be there to see the 1st Ladyseed in IL!

KD Cat