News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fredericksburg,Texas March 24/25 AAR

Started by Two Wolves, March 26, 2012, 01:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Wolves

Spring has sprung  :) here in the beautiful Texas Hill Country  O0 and as always we look around  ^-^ to see what's coming up these days. Ahh, look say I, the patriots are awakening.  ^:)^  Yes, patriots,  ^:)^  most from two hours away. We had a wonderful fun filled weekend doing what my wife refers to as "calisthenics with a rifle".  **)  **)  **)

And yes, after much chagrin and ribbing  ;D about not being able to shoot a rifleman's score with open sights, (yet)  :DH: I went back to my scoped AR   :~ and immediately laid down a respectable 227, **)  this old marine will just tell my young hecklers, it's not what's on the rifle, it's what's in the man that counts.  !@#)

We also had the pleasure of initiating our newest rifleman, ^:)^  congratulations Greg, with a nice cool douse of Fredericksburg range water. O0 Thank you for making the journey. This man has a rock solid standing position.  :bow:

Kevin, Marisa, Scot and Hector, thanks for coming back again and again. Marisa is well on her way to discovering how to achieve her rifleman's score. ;)

A huge  ^:)^  thank you to KNS Precision who has chosen to sponsor our events this year. Not only are these bold American patriots, but they also manufacture and sell a wide variety of improved rifle sights and related parts. Please check out their online store. http://www.knsprecisioninc.com/    Thank you, Gordon.

I am also pleased  ;D to say that everybody was willing to take my prepackaged trifolds to pass on in their circle of friends. If we want to grow our numbers locally and nationwide, :sos: we have to use our most valuable resource to get more shooters to the line. That resource is us.  :slap:

See you in April, my America, my Appleseed, my mission--Two Wolves.
:pop:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Two Wolves

:pop:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

kh59chevy

As always, a great time was had at this venue, my thanks to the Applecore staff for giving the great instruction that they do and helping the daughter and myself improve our shooting skills and having a "blast" doing so. Congrats to Rifleman Greg, I could see from the outset that he had the "right stuff". For those that missed it you couldn't ask for better shooting weather in south Texas, I hope to be back that way again soon. Kevin H

dragit

This was the smallest shoot ever at Fredericksburg, so those that came did not lack in personal attention.  Rodger, Tonya, Jerry and Mark have taken it upon themselves to wake people up out of their ignorance apathy and laziness.  They are Fbg locals and they put forth a tremendous effort to get the word out about Appleseed in general and this location in particular. 

Two women came out, Gloria and the other I can not remember, to see what Appleseed was about.  Tonya or Mark had spoken with one of them previously.  They apparently have put the word out in the capital building and were expecting staffers to be attending in the future. 

Greg, Kevin, Marissa, Scot and Hector were attendees Sat. & Sun.  Greg put it together on Sunday and shot a 210.  That water felt good on a warm Sunday.  Kevin's daughter Marissa has the cadence down and after more practice will put together consistent groups.  Good job.  Scott had some breakthroughs during ball & dummy with his SKS.  Hector came out Sun. afternoon and had scope issues.  He will be back.

As Rodger said KNS Precision has sponsored the range fees for Fbg this year.  It is a fixed fee so when shooters do not show up it hurts in more ways than one.  If you do not know about KNS (located just outside of Fredericksburg) I recommend checking out their website given out by Rodger above.  I use their reduced moa front sites and non-rotating trigger/hammer pins on my ARs and highly recommend them.  They are top quality.  Gordon Gibson is a Fbg Rifleman, an all around nice guy, and likes the program.  Please support his business because he supports us.  Thank You Gordon.

Thanks Rodger, Everett, Jerry, Mark & Tonya for the help.  True Patriots all.   

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

Joble

*Marisa

Well I enjoyed going with my dad, I learn a different hold in my guy that doesn't feel right but apparently its the "right" hold. I learned that I shoot better if I stiffen up my body and I'm uncomfortable but think in a way that it's a video game. Also having a rhythm in my head from a song helps. I did love picking up 311 shells the last day. I wanted to see how many I could pick up, it actually made me excited to pick up more before anyone else got to them.