News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR:Ramseur, NC March 24/25, 2012

Started by iron pony, March 26, 2012, 11:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iron pony

Place holder so people can start posting if they want..  Ill get the official one up tonight or tomorrow.

Quick numbers..

32 Saturday shooters
AM Redcoat 53% 100 yards or better shooter
PM Redcoat 96% 100 yards or better shooter

3 new Riflemen

25 Sunday shooters
AM Redcoat 52% 100 yards or better shooter
PM Redcoat 96% 100 yards or better shooter
One target cleared

3 new riflemen
1 new riflewoman

High score for the weeked was 232 by Sean S.

The weekend's harsh weather may have dampened attendance, but those who showed up were a joy to teach. 

Thanks
IP

"Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Jesse

I enjoyed it tremendously and hope to come next month too. 

jknitts

Thanks to IP and all the instructors for all their hard work, fine instruction and a fantastic weekend!

geoff45

Thank you to all instructors and staff that gave up there time and put forth the effort for a GREAT event.
Remember to get your NPOA, double check it, triple check it and then sqquueeezzzeee the trigger.  You will get it if you do that.
                                                                                Geoff   ^:)^ O0 :wall:
Don't run, you will just die tired

kDan

Quote from: geoff45 on March 26, 2012, 03:51:25 PM
Remember to get your NPOA, double check it, triple check it and then sqquueeezzzeee the trigger.  You will get it if you do that.

Here Here!  but don't forget to get that front site in there somewhere.

Quote from: iron pony on March 26, 2012, 11:07:22 AMThe weekend's harsh weather may have dampened attendance, but those who showed up were a joy to teach. 

Those are great numbers!  32 Shooters on that line is maxed out I reckon.  NC is about as strong as AS gets these days, and good thing - home range and all.

Did you get to kd?
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Bob Owens

This was my first AS, and thanks to some really talented instructors giving me solid coaching, I shot Rifleman on Sunday and cleared my first Redcoat. I learned a lot about marksmanship and our heritage from some really great folks.

I look forward to evangelizing AS to everyone I can influence, in person or online.

Thanks again to all the volunteers that made this happen. I'll be back again as soon as I can, bringing friends.
Editor of BearingArms.com, NRA News guest, Gunsite Academy graduate, and proud Appleseed Red Hat.

Sadman

I just wanted to pass on a personal thanks to the Appleseeders this weekend.  It was my sincere pleasure to share the weekend with such a good group of folks.  I hope to see you guys again down the road.

Cheers,

Sadman

Adena

What an incredible experience attending Appleseed for the first time, despite the rain and mud!  I was extremely impressed and grateful for all of the one-on-one coaching and encouragement I received.  It bolstered by confidence, got me close to shooting Rifleman and has me looking forward to my next Appleseed.

Thank you to all who volunteer your time to make this program possible!
"Children should be educated and instructed in the principles of freedom." - John Adams

"The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave." - Patrick Henry, Speech in the Virginia Convention, March 23, 1775

CplTurner

It was truly a pleasure to meet all of our new shooters Sunday, and to see them successfully apply the knowledge that they learned this weekend! And as always, it was a pleasure working with the very professional NC instructor corps. Can't wait till April!

Yours in Freedom,

CplTurner
USMC '91-'95
MOS 3521
4th Award Expert
Competitive Marksmanship Unit
Far East Division Matches

iron pony

Quote from: kDan on March 26, 2012, 05:29:01 PM
Quote from: iron pony on March 26, 2012, 11:07:22 AMThe weekend's harsh weather may have dampened attendance, but those who showed up were a joy to teach. 

Those are great numbers!  32 Shooters on that line is maxed out I reckon.  NC is about as strong as AS gets these days, and good thing - home range and all.

Did you get to kd?

We did have quite a few head up to the KD range.  Nothing like splashing steel at 200\400 yards to confirm your 25 yard mechanics.

32 was perfect..  As a group we had 14 pre-registrations, along with two people I had a commitment from, not show. 
"Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

hawkeye

Thank you to all that attend an Appleseed event! What a great group of folks, I'm always amazed how far people drive to get to Ramseur. Here's a link to one of the bloggers (Sean) that came to this one. http://ncguns.blogspot.com/ Thanks 
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

iron pony

Here are two more nice write ups from our guests this past weekend.

As the shoot boss, I was blessed to have a huge cadre of selfless and competent instructors which made running this event a breeze.

Thanks all..

http://www.bob-owens.com/2012/03/meet-the-new-rifleman/

http://wordpress.knitebane.net/firearms/are-you-a-cook-or-a-rifleman/

IP

Mrs.Knitebane

Heather posted her review, Chris has not.

http://armaborealis.blogspot.com/2012/03/appleseed.html

Keads also posted his review.

http://keads-anotherday.blogspot.com/2012/03/aar-report-appleseed-project.html

That just leaves Chris, Mark of a Freeman, and myself to get to typing.

To my instructors, a big, big thank you for taking that much time out of your life that you are never going to get back to prep, travel, and then spend with a wide range of unique personalities and abilities in a hope that maybe someone will get the message.  Thanks again!

Jesse

I did want to mention that I was very pleased with the instruction.  I ended up dealing with a lot of hardware problems throughout the day as various choices that I had made about the setup of my rifle came back to bite me.  I was only able to be there for Saturday and was really hoping to do better in the final AQT only to have my scope rail come loose partway through...again.  I got home and made some major adjustments and then went out to shoot on Tuesday with a bunch of the "quick and dirty AQT's" printed off the net (1 Target of each size, no time limits, just shoot standing, sitting, prone and prone 5x apiece) and got a 220.  It was a big encouragement and I plan to continue to train on my own.  Hopefully, I'll be able to make it to Charlotte and Ramseur in May and shoot the real AQT then.  I'm juggling various meetings to do so.  Thanks again.

CharlieHotel

Wow! nice job to all who worked and attended. Looks like it was a awesome shoot!

:bow: :bow: :bow:
CH
"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13

lemondrop9344

My 2nd Appleseed and I still have a long way to go to become a rifleman.  I've had a  myriad of hardware & CRS issues but believe most are now resolved so I can focus on NPOA and the rifleman's cadence.  Thanks to all who helped out the old crip who had trouble getting up and down.  It's really appreciated.

Will be attending again as I have the ROC, (would come again even if I did not have the ROC) just wish I had not made prior commitments so I could attend the 4/19 event.

dreamerofdreams

Wanted to stop by and say thanks to y'all!  Chris and I both had a blast and are already making plans for another trip so he can get his patch!  We're definitely thinking about orange hats, too.

Really loved the long distance range.  That was way cool.
"On one man's soul it hath broken,
A light that doth not depart;
And his look, or a word he hath spoken,
Wrought flame in another man's heart."