News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nashville, IN March 24-25, 2012

Started by SPQR, March 25, 2012, 11:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPQR

We pulled up to the range with water rushing over the road.  I dipped the nose of the ol' chariot into the torrent and feathered the throttle.  I knew I was a child of the 80s when immediately thought I was playing Oregon Trail on an Apple IIE.

This unseasonably mild weather Indiana has been experiencing helped another great bunch of shooters enjoy a marvelous weekend of Heritage and Marksmanship.  Special thanks to the Hoosier Hills Gun Club and to Brian Heeter for setting up a wonderful venue.  Another special thanks to the shooters for their wonderful attitudes and humor.  Finally, a big thanks to me for being awesome.  ;D

I will post more pictures later, but for now here are some of the good ones.

Tater steps in front of the equipment line and decides to take the orange hat.

Da yoots

Who improved and who had fun?

CHICKEN WINGS!!!!!

Workin together

more tomorrow

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

HQ

I'd say it was a great shoot!  This range is excellent!  Everytime I go we have a full line of shooters ready to learn and have a great time!

This weekend was no exception, 21 shooters on the line, with only 4 that had previously attended an Appleseed!  Seeing all the new faces was great!  You all definately know what you are about!  SPQR and I'll get through the pictures later today - we have some great ones!!!

Thank you so much for coming out and we hope to see you again soon!

tater

That was a great shoot! What a great bunch of people. I think that was the highest number of new shooters I've seen so far. We're going to save this country yet!
All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

SPQR

Time for more pictures.

Sniff.  I love the smell of .06 in the morning.  Smells like....Heritage!

We need a montage of criminal wood draggin

I will admit that this digital camo pattern is the best garage paint job I have ever seen.  He did it with the DuraCoat kit and spent ten hours cutting out his stencils.  He even did the bolt and the sight parts not involved in sight picture.  but, he drags wood.  We got it sorted out at least.

Awesome Shoot Boss montage  (set to the tune of Rooster by Alice in Chains)

his awesome morning briefing

his famous Garand Speech

his apparently "ogre-ish" back

Brian is really coming along with his history.

HQ is all business
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7111/7019501165_b7f99715fa_z.jpg

Joe blasts his first Rifleman score.

Fun story here.  Radio asked that we not post any pictures of her at registration on Saturday, which is fine.  That's why we have the new waiver, right?  Everyone taking pictures happily complied.  Of course, that was before we started handing out patches.  So, when she shot Rifleman the Shoot Boss did not see fit to host the usual camera party.  But Radio, oh Radio, went absolutely bugnuts when I said she had Rifleman.  I mean runnin around in circles like a chicken with her head cut off bugnuts.  When she took hold of the patch she shouted, "WELL, NOW I WANT MY PICTURE TAKEN!!!"  Mass hilarity ensued, fun was had by all, a new waiver, a little confidence and then we were ready to try out an AR and a Garand.  It always brings a tear to my eye when we kick the little birds out of the nest to see if they can fly.  sniff sniff.  Give me a moment to compose myself.   ;D  Check out this smile.

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

Brown

Awesome looking shoot. What a turn out!

looks like a great time at nashville
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

kate

What a fantastic shoot!!  ^:)^ Great shooters, great instructors, a chance to shoot a garand: what more could you ask for? Plus, I got to be lazy and shoot this time.  >:D Even better, we had not one... not two... but six youth in attendance. Awesome! Hope to see everyone out on the trail soon.

-kate

brianheeter

After a soggy start on Saturday morning the sun came out and we had an absolutely beautiful day.  Marksmanship was taught, history presented and plenty of rounds were sent down range.  Then we did it again on Sunday with the added benefit of doing some longer range shooting with some centerfire rifles.  Judging by the reactions and smiles I think there may be some CMP roadtrips being planned.  A great group with lots of first time 'seeders.  I hope to see you all back on the line.  Especially the "yoots."  We had six younger shooters on the line who decided that instead of playing Xbox or watching TV they would rather spend the day learning about their American heritage and improving their marksmanship skills.  Outstanding!

Congrats to our new Rifleman Joe and Riflewoman "Radio."  Come to another shoot, you two.  We've got hats waiting for you both.

Excellent shoot, excellent shooters.  Let's do it again soon!

C ya,

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

Rimshot

Seems like a great shoot all around.

This is awesome.  I can't think of a better reason to get your picture taken.  Also, SPQR is in it.  Reproduced in watercolor, it would make an excellent poster in the style of the action movie posters of the 1960s.
"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

SPQR

Brian is right.  This was a really great event with a ton of smiles.  It was great to see so many younger shooters.  A big thank you to everyone that attended.  I hope we can make HHGC a big event in the future! 

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

Ogre

Thanks to all the instructors for a great time!  This was our first shoot, but far from our last.  My three boys and their buddy had a blast, they especially appreciated the chance to fire the garands. ^:)^

I will be adding tech sights, G.I. slings, and Paul Revere's Ride to my shopping list before I come out again. 

Thanks again for a great time.

SteveO, Jax, Jacob & Chance

SPQR

We were glad to have you.  You guys were great.  Any guy who is willing to drag the boys out to learn the art of the gun is a real American.  O0

"Indiana rules!" - Nero