News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cave City, KY - March 24-25

Started by dond, March 25, 2012, 08:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

Early Sunday morning: Brief initial report.

About 20 shooters yesterday. Good weather for shooting. Beautiful facility with several ranges, a gun shop and meeting room. Lunch provided for a nominal fee. And the range managers were exceedingly friendly and helped us tremendously. In fact, they are wanting an additional event scheduled this year in addition to the one already scheduled in the Fall. The shooters showed exceptional interest and performed well. We managed to get one AQT in and forged one Rifleman. More expected today.

This event lasted longer than usual; not concluding until a little after 7 p.m. when the third strike and benediction were given in the meeting room. The shooter's interest shown in this meeting, as well as their conduct at the range, was truly exemplary. We are looking forward to working with them further today.  O0
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

ChuckS

Riflemen forged.

Friends met and made.

Good times.  Even if I did lock my keys in my truck.

Now home, laundry done, guns cleaned, ready for the next one.

ELL

The rain gods threatened on Saturday but ended up smiling upon us.  Sunday was a beautiful day to make rifleman thanks to the instructors who imparted their years of knowledge on me. I need to say thanks to all the good people that joined me on the line.  All good folks, supportive and fun to be around.  They are the kind of people that you are glad to have met. 

I'm proud to have associated with an organization that has such a worthwhile cause.  I do understand your message about preserving our liberty.  I once lived in a country that was on the verge of taking liberties away from its citizens.  My parents and I left that country and soon after, martial law was imposed and a dictatorship formed.  We Escaped the Loss of Liberty (ELL).

Thanks to everyone for such a great experience!

dond

More information is now available. Twenty shooters attended Saturday, with 7 of them for Saturday only. Sixteen showed up Sunday, with 2 for Sunday only. This made a total of 22 shooters. Five of these shot the Rifleman's score. One of these was at his second AS and all the others were at their very first AS. And one of these was a Sunday only shooter. There were also scores in the 190s and 180s. Obviously we had some great shooters, and all were eager to learn, great people and a joy to work with.  ^:)^ This was also borne out by none of them complaining about being kept so late on Saturday. And some even said they enjoyed it and were glad they stayed. One even missed his birthday dinner for it. Like I said - great  people.  O0
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken