News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Attending Dallas In April

Started by Mohawk71, March 24, 2012, 08:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mohawk71

Have most of my equipment ready for the Dallas event at Quail Creek.   Had one question though.   For my first time attending, is it necessary to attend both days?  Thanks in advance.

AuntieBellum

If you can only attend one day of the two, try to make it the first day.  The first day includes all of the primary instruction.  However, if Sunday is the only day you can make it, I'm sure the Texas crew will try and catch you up and quickly as possible!  Have fun - those Texan Appleseeders are a good bunch.   O0
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Mohawk71

Many thanks for the reply.  Attending Saturday for certain.  However, what is covered on Sunday?   Many thanks.

didactic

Sunday is normally supervised practice and (often more individual) coaching of the material presented Saturday.  Nobody fully picks up EVERYTHING on the first presentation.  There are normally more rounds fired, and less talking, on Sunday.

It has been described, from the instructors' point of view, as "present information on Saturday, polish the application of it on Sunday."  So it's very DESIRABLE to attend both days.

I hope this makes sense and helps.
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

Mohawk71

A big thanks to everyone for their advice.   Time wise, currently can only make it for a day.   However, looking forward to improving my skills with a rifle.  If time permits later in the summer, I'll definitely do the two day.