News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Manheim, PA - 2012Mar17-18

Started by mal, March 21, 2012, 12:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

With beautiful weather Saturday & most of Sunday, it was great seeing a bunch of familiar faces and 1 new face.  I don't know what exactly one would call that weather we had Sunday morning; kind of a rainy fog?  Not quite rain, but puddles just kind of forming out of nowhere & making a mess of things.  But still, great shooting weather (as it always is, rain or shine).

This event wasn't unlike a get-together of a group of old friends.  Gregg back for his 6th or 7th shoot.  Gary, with his daughters Kaitey & Kenna, back for a 3rd or was it 4th?  Blaine, back for a Sunday, having attended last summer.  And Andy, a fresh new face, but gregarious & fitting right in with tales of his journeys & exploits in Asia & who promises to come again (i'm gonna hold you to that!). 

I wish i could say we turned out more than 1 Rifleman.  Our only Expert this month was Blaine, scoring a 235 early Sunday afternoon.  He said he made dry firing a habit & had been practicing all winter with his bull 10/22.  By the time he came to this AS to actually send some lead down range he was proficient in both form & movement, easily scoring well in excess of Rifleman.  Congrats Blaine!  Dry firing *does* work!

Andy, at his 1st Appleseed scored a nice 208.  Very commendable for his 1st time out with his newish AR.  Gregg also broke the 200 mark, inching his way to Rifleman.  I see qualifying scores in both of your very near futures.  A Rifleman is persistent.  See you both in April, right? 

Oh!  Andy, I'll supply the chairs next month.  I don't want you risking injury to yourself.  I think your sister owes you an apology... or a new birthday gift...

Gary, Kaitey & Kenna all had scored solidly in Sharpshooter range.  Gary, your young ladies are real treasures.  In all the past shoots they have been always pleasant, always upbeat, never a complaint or discouraged, not to mention they shoot better than most adults.  They (and you!) are more than welcome back any time.  I can't wait to hand them (and you of course) a well earned Rifleman patch.  Your assignments for next month, NPOA, NPOA, NPOA. 

I hope to see each of you next month, but don't hesitate to sign up.  6 slots are already taken!

Oh, If anyone wants a copy of the scaled-down AQT to use to dry fire at home, send me a PM or email me (check my profile for private email addy).  Print & post 10ft from your muzzle to practice, but of course, triple check that the rifle is not loaded!

~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

March Manheim attendees, Saturday (1st pic) & Sunday (2nd pic):

1st pic:  Sat-  Kenna, Gary T, Kaitey, Andy, Gregg, RoverAce

2nd pic:  Sun-  Added Blaine, the new face in the middle.
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Blaine, earning Rifleman with a 235.  Congrats!
A testament that dry firing *does* work.
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Shooters on the line:

~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

Carteach

Mal,

Re:  The April shoot.....  Art (Carteach)  here.
I have a bunch of photos from the shoot up on my Facebook account.  If you are on FB you can catch them there.
I'll be soon writing up an article for the blog as well  (http://carteach0.blogspot.com/). 

Have to say... it was a good event, with excellent instruction.  I know I carried away information and skills that will benefit my shooting greatly.  The interaction between instructors/students, and parents with their children.... very impressive indeed.

Good stuff!