News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hudson Falls NY 3/17-3/18 2012

Started by KKA, March 19, 2012, 09:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KKA

I have to post these while I have a couple of minutes.  I didn't see the AAR yet but maybe if someone else has more than ten minutes to spare once it is up on the boards, they can link or refer the pics to that.

R1SGx2

Nice photo's looks like you had a full house. Good job Krisker and all can't wait to see AAR
Mark
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Josey Wales

..It is funny how things work out.  We had an indoor event on March 17/18 still considered Winter, and the weather was Spring, Spring, Spring..  We all wished we were outside shooting.  How many times have we shot outside in compromising weather and had wished to be indoors.  Well anyway it was a wonderful weekend and I was thankful for it. 
..Krisker did a diligent job at earning her IIT1, great job clearing the line all weekend long, never a complaint, never an issue.
..Another DOM, The Mrs. & LittleMo, as per Line Boss Duties, RSO'S, History, Teaching the Marksmanship, Staying on Mission.  Thank You for your time and service, your work is professional and inspiring.
..To the Patron's of the weekend, Thank You for attending, Thank You for spending your precious time at an Appleseed event.  We can make a difference, we are making a difference.  We need you and appreciate yor attendance.   
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Another D.O.M.

A special thanks to our Shoot Boss, Josey Wales, for traveling 4 1/2 hours to and from Queens to manage this upstate NY Appleseed.  Nick's dedication to our mission sets a standard that we should all strive to achieve.  I know I cannot match his energy and enthusiasm.

Here are a few photos from Saturday:

Krisker in her debut as an IIT

A view down-range - seven firing points and 10 shooters

LittleMo tells the First Strike outdoors on an uncommon 70+ degree March afternoon in upstate NY

Shoot Boss Josey Wales always does a very nice job with the flags
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

R1SGx2

Nice Job by all  O0 O0

What a day not to be shooting indoors, black fly season soon
with the warm weather they will be out in the northeast sooner.

Must have be tough to come out side for history then inside to
shoot on such a beautiful day BUT as our founding fathers have
suffered great labors, this was a small thing for 2 days. Rifleman persist.

Thank you all for all you do. :bow:
mark
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

The Mrs.

It was a glorious weekend in the great Northeast.  Shocking to not at least see piles of snow on the sides of driveways driving up to Hudson Falls.  What a wonderful venue.  Beautiful facilities, nice people.  Thank you for hosting us!!

Thank you to Josey for coming up and heading this wonderful weekend!!  Well deserved congrats to Krisker for her IIT 1 promotion!!  You did great!!  Thank you to ADOM and LittleMo.  Flawless, spot on instruction and history.

As tough as it was on the instructors to come back inside on such glorious days, my hats off to the shooters, who made the transitions without the littlest lapse of concentration.  If they had  spring fever, none ever showed it!!

I do need to make mention of Keith as he learned he shot the score.  I am in hopes that LittleMo caught a shot of his face when he learned this.  Such a shocked look.  Precious.  Congrats Keith...and yes, the score WAS real!!

Hope to see all on the trail again in the future.  It was great working with all of you!!
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

Josey Wales

..To all my friends & neighbors,
..The idea of Liberty was born many moons ago.  Always a struggle and strife to getting the message out and implementing it into a form of government.  Never quite achieved but always a work in progress.  Liberty was not born on April 19th 1775, but the day was another move in implementing it into a reality.  Even since the birth of The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution, Liberty was not fully achieved.  Since day one unconstitutional and oppressive policies have been implemented into law. Liberty is never quite achieved or had, Liberty is not tangible.  It is always a work in progress to hold on to for the righteous people, cause the rest of the human condition is always at work in oppressing it..  It is a tug of war, like good and evil, never a winner on this earth or in this physical life. Kind of like Salvation.  A constant battle everyday forever till the end of time to hold onto what we have.  No rest, no end, always work....  Welcome to reality.......

......Get involved........Join or Die..........
...........................................................Strength & Honor............Josey Wales.................................................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

LittleMo

A great weekend at a great venue that strongly supports Project Appleseed! Both afternoons the weather warmed up after a chilly start in the mornings. Unusual weather for this time of year to say the least!

The students showed they had learned what they were taught by the greatly improved Red Coat targets on Saturday afternoon! They persisted! It was slow going at first having to run 2 lines but the action heated up just like the rifle barrels. The students also learned about our heritage after hearing the 3 Strikes.

Congratulations to Keith for shooting the Rifleman score! The first time he had come to an Appleseed, he had originally signed up just for Saturday. Half way through the day, he said "I'm hooked! Sign me up for Sunday!" He has been to several Appleseeds since and has been improving each time. The look of surprise and shock on his face when he learned he had shot the Rifleman score! Now, Keith, go for your next goal!

Congratulations to Joey Wales for running a smooth flowing event! And congratulations to Krisker for your promotion - you did good!

Thank you to Hudson Falls F&G for hosting our event at your wonderful venue! Thanks to all the instructors for sharing your knowledge with the students. Most importantly, a BIG thank you to the students for coming and getting involved!

Practice what you learned and come to the next Project Appleseed!

A spot on the line awaits you!

Gary

p.s. pictures to follow.
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

LittleMo

Pictures from the Hudson Falls NY Appleseed of Mar 17-18 2012. I know I'm late getting these up, but finally got them up here! :)
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont