News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Indianapolis IN, March 3-4 2012

Started by yellowhousejake, March 05, 2012, 10:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

I finally got to give away a Winterseed patch this season!  Anyone who watched the weather will doubt my decision to do that, the humidity/temp/wind given by NWS said Sunday was worse, but anyone on the line will confirm Saturday was terrible.

But Riflemen persevere...

A small turn out for certain, only six attendees, but they were a hardy bunch.  Saturday started out with a fantastic Redcoat, great five squares, and good shooting overall. Out of six shooters we had four in the 100 rd and two on Daniel Morgan's target!

Students braved the weather, cold, wind, and spitting snow without complaint. Instruction from our IITs was excellent and all the students were attentive. I saw nodding heads during the history, appreciation for the heritage, and solid work being done on the marksmanship. We had plenty of good natured ribbing between Sixshooter and Que, and a couple really nice victory dances to boot. Thank you for the laughs guys, you made the weekend fun.

Sunday finished up with three Riflemen, a new IIT in Que, a cleaned Redcoat, and Tara went from not on paper and unable to make her rifle safe to working her 10-22 like a pro and a best five square of 5 MOA. WOW!

We had a great time, thank you all for coming. Pictures will be coming soon.

Yellowhousejake
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

brianheeter

Sounds like another great shoot at MCFG.  Congrats and thanks to Que for stepping up and taking a hat.  NOW GET BUSY!  Tara, it sounds like you came a very long way in a very short time.  Nice job!  Keep up the great work!  Great to hear the IITs were pulling their weight.  I'm looking forward to working the line with y'all.

C ya,

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

yellowhousejake

Kate and Spitfire did a great job with Tara, as they did with all the shooters. I expect that from Appleseed instructors, and I was not disappointed.

O0

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

yellowhousejake

Group Photo!

Shooters to the line...

Spitfire and John discover that trigger control really can move your group 2 MOA left.

Students teaching students, you got to love it.

Tara, she earned her youth patch, this young lady was our most improved shooter during the weekend.

Que gets the only Winterseed patch of the weekend.

John gets his trigger finger under control and hits the magic score.

Marcel does it, repeatedly!

Que joins the ranks of Americans working to save a country, and we are lucky to him.

Thanks again to every one who came out. If you need a great place to shoot in Indianapolis, Marion County Fish and Game is a great club, check them out.

Yellowhousejake

YHJ

hawkhavn

Looks like a great day, sorry I couldn't stay for more of it on Sunday.
Congrats to the new Riflemen and looking forward to working with Que on the Trail!

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

ATM

Outstanding report. Kudos and congratulations to the hardy crew of staff and shooters that showed up and persevered in spite of the elements.

Sounds like great shooting as well as some dedicated hearts and minds.  O0

Also, Que looks mighty fine in that orange hat.  ;)
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

GEmanuel

Congratulations Que, welcome aboard!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

DaveD

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

HQ

Looks chilly!  My oh my!  Congratulations to ALL the shooters who braved the elements! 

Que! Thank you for stepping up!  I look forward to working with you in the future!

grunt soldier

Looks like a great weekend. Congrats que. can't wait to work with ya buddy
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

TomM1Thumb

Congratulations Que, welcome aboard! If You happen to vacation in the Sunshine State, take a page from Mac66's playbook and help out at a Florida Appleseed Event, He has done it Twice in the last 6 months and has threatened to do so again, Just to Keep Us in Line!

To any other Instructors, Come on down, You are All Welcome in Sunny Florida.

Que, hope to see and work with You soon, Somewhere along the Appleseed Trail.

Tom
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

hawkhavn

An orange hat and an INGO tab go pretty nice together!   :bow:

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

stagehand steve

Que,  welcome to the Indiana Appleseed cadre!!  I believe we may have met before at Atlanta last year and more recently at Danville Conservation club.  Can't wait to see you again in your spiffy new orange hat!

-stagehand steve
"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).