News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Winslow,NJ March 3/4, 2012 AAR

Started by Dakota, March 05, 2012, 05:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakota

The first event of 2012 at the South Jersey Shooting club is in the books!
Here's a shameless plug for the facility... O0

http://sjerseyshootingclub.com/

Anyone within 100 miles of this place owes it to themselves to make it to our next event.
They have covered range areas from 25 to 300 yards, and they are currently in poduction of a 20,000 SF facility for "Simunitions" training. They also have classroom areas, and are setting up a retail location right on site!
If they built a place like this on LI there would be a line like it was Christmas Eve at the Mall. You'd have to reserve a table weeks in advance!

During the rain and wind on Saturday morning, we were able to use the covered firing line from the 300 Yard range for instruction, and then we moved down to our 25 yard designated area for some trigger time.

Although our attendance was down, we didn't skip a beat and gave the shooters their money's worth and then some.

One repeat Appleseeder brought a friend who was brand new to shooting, and he did pretty well.
No new riflemen this time, but we're not giving up that easy!

While in the area we made the rounds to some local 2A friendly establishments and spread the word, we had very positive feedback, and hope to keep the network expanding.

Josey Wales, VietVet and I also took some time out to speak with the range officials, they are very impressed with our program and agreed to do all they could to help promote upcoming events. :cool2:

It may have been a slow start to the season, but we will do our best to spread the message through South Jersey and bring up some Riflemen into the ranks!
"A fine marksman with a second rate rifle is far more effective than the reverse." - Colonel Jeff Cooper

How good are YOU, with YOUR rifle, Today?

"If the prospect of having your thumb hit by the bolt is unacceptable do not attempt to load your Garand"-Springfield M1 Garand owners manual

R.I.P "DAKOTA" My Buddy 1/24/01 - 6/23/12

sgtrock

S.B.I.T. Dakota
Nice work and nice report,,,
Better attendance is always the goal, sometimes you can bust your hump out there and seem to get nowhere, then other times you get sacked at a shoot, it is, what it is, during times like these,
You are doing it right and it does pay off.

Josey Wales

..South Jersey Shooting Club is a phenomenal range, they treat Project Appleseed with the utmost respect.  The potential for this range facility is large.  The only small problem is getting New Jersey folks out of their comfort zones and into the range.  Lets go people, we need this to work, now is the time..

..Our guests Mike and Kirk, both young men in there twenties did a fine job at picking up the skills needed to work towards becoming riflemen.  Keep up the good work and the time will come..  Thanks for participating, thanks for getting out and about with us, we enjoyed working with you both..

..Dakota......  Dakota our Shoot Boss in Training, did a professional job.  He shows the skill and has the attitude of a thorough and safe SBIT.  Dakota is mindful of what must be done......One more and it is done, you will be a jedi-knight.. use the force..........

..Vietvet......  Thank You for posting our NJ event on AR15.com and getting out the word and getting us some patrons.  I hope you can assist me in building up SJSC as you have done for kDan and Calverton.  Your help is appreciated and needed..

..As for You, yes You reading this....you reading this right now..... We need you to be apart of this.  Get involved the time is now.  If not you than who?.. If not now then when?..  Friends, Neighbors, past, present and future let us come together, so we can work together for her......LIBERTY............

.............Strength & Honor................Josey Wales.................. 
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

VietVet

Quote from: sgtrock on March 06, 2012, 08:38:57 PM
S.B.I.T. Dakota.....

.......You are doing it right and it does pay off.

Must admit this is the truth.
He's doing it the way it should be done. He's earning his SB Title.
Could have taken it at this Shoot (surely earned it) but chose to do one more.

This is a man that for sure knows what he's about.

He'll get that SB title and the respect of all who know how he chose to do it.

I'll work with this SB any time, any place.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!