News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coeur d'Alene Idaho, March 3 & 4, 2012

Started by eert, March 05, 2012, 04:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eert

Greetings:

Five shooters braved the cold, damp, and particularly nasty weather on Saturday to learn marksmanship and hear stories of our heritage.  Kudos to the brave souls who showed up!  All students showed improvement in technique and interest in our heritage. 

All of you surprised me by showing up again on Sunday considering the previous days weather along with the trials and tribulations!  RIFLEMAN PERSIST!!  Sunday turned into a blue ribbon North Idaho spring day with the temps in the 40's by noon with a beautiful blue sky.  One might have thought we were in Montana the sky was soooo big.  Shooters showed more progression as they gained familiarity with their rifles. Sheryl, Larry, and Bryce actually looked comfortable in seated position!  Bill, I know you were struggling at times, but thanks for hanging in there!  Isabella, you get the award for consistently making your rifle "safe" upon the "unload and clear" command! 

Roland did mange to get in a couple of AQTs, and shot several RM scores.  He topped out at 233, with only 9 rounds in stage 2 (or was it 3?) due to a misfire. 

To all of you:
- Safely practice dry fire (verify rifle and mags are unloaded at least three times)
-Get familiar with your rifles and slings
-memorize and practice your 6 steps and NPOA drill
-SEE YOU AT ANOTHER APPLESEED SHOOT SOON

Shooters, you were a great group and I look forward to working with all of you again!

EERT (Waivered Shot Boss)

P.S.  No photos releases, so no photos.  So, did it really happen?

Mark Davis

I belive it did happen.
Wanted to be there but there were hundred of kids with guns just a half mile from my home this weekend so I worked as a 4-H range officer.

eert

Good for you Mark.  I bet you had a blast!  Probably no safety induced stress either?

EERT

Mark Davis

The kids are fine, sometime the adults take some management.
15 years now we have had the state tournament here in Bozo.