News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sierra Vista, AZ 3-4 MAR 12

Started by AZbinary, March 04, 2012, 09:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZbinary

Another beautiful weekend to share our love of the history and marksmanship with our fellow Americans!  This event was also the first event from this side of the line for one of our new orange hats!  Welcome over Debbie!  As always, Deb's family was well represented.

Saturday was Arizona chilly, with temps never really rising much above a sunny 65, and 1 AQT had several knocking on the door, with no new riflemen, but everyone seemed to absorb the rifleman's skills

On Sunday, we got some stunning weather, with temps in the high 70's and low 80's.  Seven AQT's got us two new riflemen, and two new orange hats, as Tom, a fellow ex-"lightfighter", and Brian, who finally healed enough to wield a rifle at the standard we all knee he was capable of, Well met! and congratulations!

Generally great shooting allowed us minimal sighter squares to zero, and had rounds going down range within 30 minutes Sunday.

It was a privilege to meet all of you, and I look forward to seeing each of you in April!

If you have thoughts, comments, or pictures, please feel free to post on this thread and share with us all.

Huzzah!

AZBinary
"Not Last!" -AZ AWW 2011

AmericanJoe

Great weekend spent with great people
Congrats to AZbinary on obtaining his Green Hat!

GEmanuel

AZbinary congratulations on another milestone.
Best of luck
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

stargazer61

:wb:  that was me on sat am......THANKS SSSSOOOOOO much to bill, mark and kaiser for all the help....i like being a 1...    O0   for now having hubby on board and we can do the orange hat thing together...   having him, both daughters nad the son in law at the shoot was way cool....thanks everyone for all the help to everybody

Mark Davis

Way to go AZbinary.
..65 sounds very warm, heck if it was that warm I would take off my long johns.
Thanks Deb
Hi  MATZProgrammer!

AZbinary

Thanks Everyone!

I tell ya Mark, it was so warm and still on Sunday, that you could've done that "eye test" thing you do...
"Not Last!" -AZ AWW 2011