News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

RBC Ramseur 2-12!

Started by kDan, February 28, 2012, 08:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GEmanuel

Quote from: WhyWon on March 08, 2012, 05:20:55 AM
Top 10 Things I Noticed Two Weeks After an Awesome RBC

• I regularly wake up in the prone position.
  • I turkeyneck to establish a good cheekweld with the front door before looking through peephole.
  • I've ended dangerous arguments recently by shouting "Cease Fire!" three times.
  • I now eat my breakfast cereal with a rifleman's cadence.
  • Much to the annoyance of my co-workers, I unconsciously click my pen a lot to practice my trigger squeeze.
  • I shout "Whose rifle is this?!" at neighbors' kids when I find their Nerf Guns without a chamber flag.
  • I am now highly suspect of work crews tearing up roads on bridges...
  • Mimicking me, my 4 1/2 year old son has started "calling his shots" when we play tic-tac-toe.
  • Before using a power drill recently, I closed my eyes to establish my NPOA.
  • When I type 'R-a-m-s-e-u-r', the auto-complete suggestion of '2-12 !!' appears now.
Very good, and I love your avatar too
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

Johnnyappleseed

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Magloader

Quote from: WhyWon on March 08, 2012, 05:20:55 AM
Top 10 Things I Noticed Two Weeks After an Awesome RBC

• I regularly wake up in the prone position.
  • I turkeyneck to establish a good cheekweld with the front door before looking through peephole.
  • I've ended dangerous arguments recently by shouting "Cease Fire!" three times.
  • I now eat my breakfast cereal with a rifleman's cadence.
  • Much to the annoyance of my co-workers, I unconsciously click my pen a lot to practice my trigger squeeze.
  • I shout "Whose rifle is this?!" at neighbors' kids when I find their Nerf Guns without a chamber flag.
  • I am now highly suspect of work crews tearing up roads on bridges...
  • Mimicking me, my 4 1/2 year old son has started "calling his shots" when we play tic-tac-toe.
  • Before using a power drill recently, I closed my eyes to establish my NPOA.
  • When I type 'R-a-m-s-e-u-r', the auto-complete suggestion of '2-12 !!' appears now.

We need to add a 11th. You get after your younger siblings for yelling " The British are coming!!!!"
Let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds, and praise your Father in Heaven.- Mathew 5:16

Jesus answered, " I am the way, truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

iron pony

"Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

M1NC

Quote from: Magloader on March 05, 2012, 10:39:17 PM
Quote from: BIGROB on March 05, 2012, 11:10:04 AM
Kdan I think he shot a 209

209,200. Same difference. I say dunk him anyway!!!!

I was right on the line 200-201 depending on whether you think that one shot at 300 broke the crease on the four ring  ;D

But I escaped a dunking  ^:)^

Always take the high road - it has a better field of fire

If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Go forth and fear no darkeness

slim

I love this thread just like I loved our RBC.

Someone says something.... Magloader sets us straight. Here, someone posts something.... Magloader sets us straight. It's like we never even left!

Oh how I already miss NC. I'm heading to our state's IBC this weekend and I hope someone sets us straight there too. So nice to spend a whole week with a wonderful group of liberty-minded folks. I hope to have that opportunity again soon.

Keep up the good work, folks. It was nice meeting y'all and I hope to spend some time with you on the trail again soon.

Magloader

Yes well Slim old boy. You of all people need straightened out. But never fear I am up to the task.  Hence the reason I yelled at you for a full 5 minutes after finding an unsafe rifle. And you may think that you have escaped me so far. But you forget, oh buddy Slim. We live close to the same state. See you soon.  >:D

As to M1NC: I say you had a 200. So when you come here I have a nice 5 gallon bucket full of water BEGGING to see you.
Let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds, and praise your Father in Heaven.- Mathew 5:16

Jesus answered, " I am the way, truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

CharlieHotel

Was a pleasure working with you sir! Even being corrected right along side you...  ;) Hope we can work together again soon.

CH

Quote from: slim on March 09, 2012, 03:20:10 PM
I love this thread just like I loved our RBC.

Someone says something.... Magloader sets us straight. Here, someone posts something.... Magloader sets us straight. It's like we never even left!

Oh how I already miss NC. I'm heading to our state's IBC this weekend and I hope someone sets us straight there too. So nice to spend a whole week with a wonderful group of liberty-minded folks. I hope to have that opportunity again soon.

Keep up the good work, folks. It was nice meeting y'all and I hope to spend some time with you on the trail again soon.
"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13

kDan

Quote from: M1NC on March 09, 2012, 03:09:09 PM
But I escaped a dunking  ^:)^

omg - That's right, IT WAS MATT!!!  O friend, you have not escaped a dunking. 

Sending out an ALL POINTS BULLETIN to Appleseed Shoot Bosses, Red Hats, IIT's, shooters, newbies, spectators, range-owners, toll collectors, 7-11 employees, and occupants of inter-planetary, most extra-ordinary craft...  north, south, east, and west...

M1NC shot a 200 at KD and did not suffer the humiliation, pride, indignity, and glorious triumph of redemption and disgrace by having an entire bottle of Poland Spring Genuine North Bridge Water dumped on his unsuspecting head.  Perhaps it's because he was suspecting it - yeah that's it - but somebody has got to get him, and if he gets got more than once, twice or fifteen times well, I guess it's my fault for missing my chance.  But we gotta be sure, cuz homey, well he gots ta get got...

GET HIMMM!!!!  Get him now!  And photog the incident post them here, but get him... dunk him.  Get him wet.  Pour a bottle of Deer Park Genuine North Bridge Water on his head when he don't know it's coming.

Those of you that don't know the drill, here it is.  If your first Rifleman score at 25m is 210, or your first KD qually score is 200 (ie - spot on the money), then as your photo is being taken for posterity, somebody is supposed to sneak up behind you with a bottle of Tap Genuine North Bridge Water, and bless you with the mercy of Rifle-giveness.  The photos can be spectacular or water under the bridge, but this honor is not to be over-looked!

Quote from: M1NC on March 09, 2012, 03:09:09 PM
I was right on the line 200-201 depending on whether you think that one shot at 300 broke the crease on the four ring  ;D

It didn't.  I may not be able to tell you from docboy or huzzack...  all you cute blonde Southern teen-agers look the same to us scarred and limping old Black-Irish yanks, but I do remember checking that score.  It was definitely a 200.  I remember smiling devilishly, cuz you were the only one... and I know you remember it too.  Well, it's time to pay the price of squeaking by, my stealthy friend.

I await the photos and expect this thread to last for years, if for no other reason than for everybody to continue posting photos of M1NC getting soaked with Genuine, North, Bridge, Water. 

bring a change o' clothes, O my brother.

Here's his picture, accepting his patch...  third time on this one thread...  somebody get him...  You can download the photo and increase the resolution to get a better image of the culprit.  Print some fliers!  Just look at that smug grin.  He knows he's gettin' away with suttin'.  Yet, this shall not stand, O my brothers and sisters! 

Charlie Unicorn, in the background... singing... or yawning?  Certainly not dumping water on a brothers head!  Somebody please...  take care of this...  please...  Magloader, you are tasked with this mission.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

M1NC

Oh boy now I'm in for it  :P

kDan has put a Noooow  Yaaawwwk aqua-hit on my head

You're tasking Magloader for this?  Here is the south we just swat 'Skeeters when they get too close
Always take the high road - it has a better field of fire

If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Go forth and fear no darkeness

kDan

Quote from: M1NC on March 12, 2012, 07:25:35 PM
You're tasking Magloader for this?  Here is the south we just swat 'Skeeters when they get too close

Go ahead, make jokes, but we know you're nervous.  There's "no stoppin what can't be stopped".  And even Shootslikeagirl can't stop Magloader.   :pop:

Quote from: M1NC on March 12, 2012, 07:25:35 PM
kDan has put a Noooow  Yaaawwwk aqua-hit on my head

And with an Appleseed in every county, witness protection ain't gonna help you, friend.  Might as well take the trip to Kentucky and get it over with.  Or you can always take up golf.   :cool2:
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Magloader

Oh yes Matt, Ky calls. As does my bucket >:D The thing about me is I am not always a skeeter so there is no swattin' me all the time. Besides, you try and I will challenge you to a AQT. Loser takes a swim.

As to kDan. You sir, are coming to Ky as well. I have a few words for you...And no ShootsLikeAGirl is going to help you this time. Neither will your cane.

kDan

Mags, Here in Brooklyn... on the Island, we're countin' on you kid.  You got the go ahead.  But just to be sure, one of my boys put together a poster, that's right a poster.  This guy, this is the guy, somebody gotta give him what's comin to him.  Those of you saw the Altarboy get his...  last minute ramseur 212...  the wedgie of the Apocolypse...  well you know how we do in New York.  Bottle of water... on his head... when he's not expecting it... and a photograph...  posted here...  where it belongs.

Thanks to VietVet for the forensics lab work.

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Magloader

I shall have this posted all over Ky by the end of the hour. Say your prayers, Matt! Ky water, here we come!

Nickle

We really should get some of the Mass contingent to get us a 2 liter soda bottle full of real North Bridge water and use that.

Dan, IIRC, you were at Van Etten (2008) when North Bridgewater got doused with the bottle of North Bridge water that I had in my Jeep for quite a while. It was even starting to get a little moldy.

Now, that was for a 210 @ 25 meters. Seems to me, a 200 @ KD calls for a bucket full. Or a water cooler full of ice and ice water.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

CharlieHotel

I have a bottle of NB water. I was particular to take it from downstream of the bridge.

CH

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.

Fred

CH, looks to me like you collected the water UPSTREAM of the bridge. If so, it's might not be anywhere near as potent as water which has passed UNDER THE NORTH BRIDGE.

NOTE TO ALL who have the opportunity to collect water from the North Bridge - make sure you collect the water AFTER it has passed under the bridge. It's a scientific fact: Not only does it weigh MORE, but it has little sparkles of light in it. O0

I'm sure any water near the North Bridge is good; I just don't know how good the 'upstream' stuff is, compared to the 'downstream' stuff... ;D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

kDan

Quote from: Nickle on March 13, 2012, 04:40:30 PM
Dan, IIRC, you were at Van Etten (2008) when North Bridgewater got doused with the bottle of North Bridge water that I had in my Jeep for quite a while. It was even starting to get a little moldy.

Nickle, you do recall correctly.  That was my first event in New York State, wearing a crisp California orange hat.  I didn't even know who you were.   

You said it was NorthBridgeWater, and that became his name, but to this day, I suspect you took it from the cow pond down the side of the hill above the pasture.

Scout actually gave me some NBW that summer at Throop or Jericho, in a little vial.  It broke in my pack.  My pack is blessed now.

LIKE M1NC NEEDS TO BE!

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

CharlieHotel

The bridge pic is upstream but I was careful to take the water from the downstream side.... The water was very still that day, I actually had to drop a leaf in the water and watch it drift under the bridge to see which way it was going.
CharlieHotel certified.

O0

Quote from: Fred on March 13, 2012, 05:54:40 PM

CH, looks to me like you collected the water UPSTREAM of the bridge. If so, it's might not be anywhere near as potent as water which has passed UNDER THE NORTH BRIDGE.

NOTE TO ALL who have the opportunity to collect water from the North Bridge - make sure you collect the water AFTER it has passed under the bridge. It's a scientific fact: Not only does it weigh MORE, but it has little sparkles of light in it. O0

I'm sure any water near the North Bridge is good; I just don't know how good the 'upstream' stuff is, compared to the 'downstream' stuff... ;D

CharlieHotel

QuoteScout actually gave me some NBW that summer at Throop or Jericho, in a little vial.  It broke in my pack.  My pack is blessed now.

That's why those shirts at the NYC shoot smelled that way!

CH

kDan

Quote from: CharlieHotel on March 13, 2012, 06:30:34 PM
QuoteScout actually gave me some NBW that summer at Throop or Jericho, in a little vial.  It broke in my pack.  My pack is blessed now.

That's why those shirts at the NYC shoot smelled that way!

CH

Actually, that's from the lump of hot dogs Scout forced me to take from Throop.  He's like, "These things will last a week!," cattle rancher thinking he's talking to some city slicker. 

They did not!
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Magloader

I still say a nice dunking in a Kentuckian lake out in the woods somewhere would be the best...might help that new yorker smell too......

WhyWon

Top Ten Things I Didn't Expect to Learn From David Hackett Fischer's "Paul Revere's Ride":

• The Boston accent was just as unintelligible in 1775 as it is today.
  • Boston Harbor was always filthy.
  • William Brattle lived in what is now the Cambridge Center for Adult Education in Harvard Square.
  • When British troops crossed the Charles River, they landed in a marsh where MIT is now located.
  • There were probably more rifles in Concord, Massachusetts in 1775 than are there today.
  • Concord River water was once potable.
  • Paul Revere's "Midnight Ride" expenses were not tax deductible.
  • Drinking alcohol when exhausted, hungry, and dehydrated was not a winning retreat strategy for British Regulars.
  • Peleg Wadsworth, who was Revere's commander on the Penobscot Expedition was Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's grandfather.
  • You could travel by horse from Charlestown to Lexington on April 19, 1775 faster than you can by car today.
NRA Patron • GOA Life • SAF Life • MSI Life • VCDL • RWVA
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Ramseur, 2-12 !

Father Mike

CharlieHotel

iron pony

although is was expensable ...

Check out page 6
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Comprehensive Annual
Financial Report - 2010

http://www.mass.gov/osc/docs/reports-audits/cafr/cafr-2010.pdf

Quote from: WhyWon on March 15, 2012, 01:38:38 AM

• Paul Revere's "Midnight Ride" expenses were not tax deductible.
"Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

BIGROB

and father mike is here! nice avatar bro!

Brother_COM

What's with the cat???? Moving targets @ Appleseed?
Lunch perhaps???

How'd you get all the hair off the meat?

tee hee hee...  ;D
Brother_COM

kDan

Quote from: WhyWon on March 15, 2012, 01:38:38 AM
When British troops crossed the Charles River, they landed in a marsh where MIT is now located.

When they landed in Somerville to hit powder house square a few months before...  they landed in our very own Senior Instructor "Crak"'s front yard.

Farther Mike...  I can only imagine what the "farther" part means...  how far does one really need to go before a wedgie becomes apocalyptic?

And what's with the cat...?  I really don't know when you put it like that.  She's still alive, got to fatten her up before she'll make a meal for even the hungriest coyote, but she's okay I guess.  She can fit in very tight spaces, and will occasionally condescend to chase my son's "bey-blades", whatever those are.  Still howling at the bookcase.  Her favorite place is the litter box.  Stays in there for days.  She smells terrible.

You want moving targets, you should stop by here.  I have a rabbit the size of a cocker spaniel, that chases the pitbull from his bowl.  Only thing meaner than that Carolina Range Cat.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

kDan

Sylvester says, "I'm seein' things big.  No mouse could be THAT big!"

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout