News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur, NC Feb 25-26 2012

Started by iron pony, February 28, 2012, 08:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iron pony

OK its official . I'm having a case of the Appleseed withdrawals.

After five days of RBC as an instructor then two more as shoot boss for the weekend Appleseed, I am a little melancholy today.
Having spent so much time with nearly sixty liberty minded individuals all of whom want to help save America, it is hard to go back to the "real" world where ignorance, apathy and laziness reign supreme.

Bill, your positive attitude in spite of your struggle just to get from NYC to the Ramseur RBC was very encouraging.

Sean, your insistence on one more try is exactly what we need in an instructor. We work until the job is done; mission first, everything else can wait. You mission was the patch, now its to seventh step and become a red hat.

Melissa, I don't imagine that most women or even men would have the courage to show up alone at an gun related event with your level of experience. Then to top that, you did nothing but listen and learn without getting discouraged. I see a patch in your near future.  Thanks for making my time worthwhile.

In fact that last comment is for everyone who came out for the RBC and AS.  Each of you validate why we show up, for you. Without you the mission of saving the country is not possible. 

I have stories Id like to tell about each of you and perhaps Ill add  some more later.  I just wanted to get the thread started so that those of you who have asked can post pics and comments..

Quick numbers

Sat AM Red Coat - less than 50% were 100-yard shooters or better.

Sat PM Red Coat - 100% where 100-yard shooters or better with 11 headshots.

13 IITS (most newly minted from the RBC) handled ALL the instruction and history on Saturday

Seven first time rifleman patches were awarded.

Three North Carolina IITs were promoted to Red Head.

Thank you all who came whether student or instructor..

More to come.....
"Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Sadman

ThaiFighter

HUZZAH!!!!

Man, I'm sorry I wasn't there to see Allen and Sahm get their redhats!  I met Sahm at my first NC event last Spring,  and now he's wearing rd less than a year later.  What a hard-charger!

I do see some Orange Hats I recognize that weren't wearing 'em the Sunday prior!

13 IIT's is a testimony to a well run bootcamp and 2-day event.  Good Job all around!  To all of our friends who made the journey from parts far-flung to instruct and shoot, it was a pleasure and honor to work with you.  All ya'll come back now, ya hear! :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

KARDIAK KID

RBC 212 RAMSUER WAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE, I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE NEW YORK CONTINGENT, K-DAN, CHARLIE HOTEL AND THIER CREW FOR GREAT INSTRUCTION AND FANTASTIC SHOOTING INSPITE OF THE WEATHER. SLIM FROM OHIO WAS A GREAT SPIRIT, SKEETER AND HER FAMILY WERE EXTREMLY HELPFUL.
WITH PEOPLE LIKE THIS LIBERTY GOT A SHOT IN THE ARM. IRON PONY AND THE NC CREW DID A GREAT JOB AS USUAL. GOD BLESS ALL.
Dusty old helmet, rusty old gun,
They sit in the corner and wait –
Two souvenirs of the Second World War
That have withstood the time, and the hate.
Many times I've wanted to ask them –
And now that we're here all alone,
Relics all three of a long ago war –
Where has freedom gone?
Mute witness to a time of much trouble,
Where kill or be killed was the law –
Were these implements used with high honor?
What was the glory they saw?
Freedom flies in your heart like an eagle.
Let it soar with the winds high above
Among the spirits of soldiers now sleeping,
Guard it with care and with love.
I salute my old friends in the corner.
I agree with all they have said –
And if the moment of truth comes tomorrow,
I'll be free, or By God, I'll be dead!
Audie Murphy

Magloader

This was my first IIT'ing shoot and I had a blast ( no pun intended) After Allen coached me, I was able to run the line all day Sunday and that was so much fun. But Saturday was the greatest....

I was able to help no less than 15 people with their shooting and it was wonderful to see everyone hearing the history. I would say even if they have no patch, we had a huge batch of new Riflemen!!

But some WERE able through a LOT of hard work to get a patch and it was awesome to see!!

Thank you so much Iron Pony and Kevin for helping me to a IIT3. I will be wearing a red hat in no time!

And I expect to see all the students back on the line for the next shoot!  :DH: :DH: :DH:
Let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds, and praise your Father in Heaven.- Mathew 5:16

Jesus answered, " I am the way, truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

CplTurner

What a great Appleseed event this past weekend!!! I always love going to an AS that precedes an IBC, and seeing the sea of new orange hats on the line.  The energy at last weekend's event was simply incredible!
To the IBC instructors from out of state, whom I do not have the fortune of knowing, I want to give a BIG thank you for traveling so far.  The success of the boot camp that you folks ran was immediately apparent to me as I arrived at Ramseur, and saw all of the newly ordained IIT's, and the professionalism and energy that they projected.
To Magloader: You, young lady, are an asset to Appleseed.  It is very seldom that a young person comes along who understands and appreciates the mission like you do.  You did a wonderful job calling the line, and are a VERY quick study.  I look forward to working with you at future events, and I know that you will go far!

I too, as Iron Pony said, now have Appleseed withdrawals...going back to the world of apathy after being surrounded by such inspiring individuals can be a real bummer.  But it does hammer home how important our mission is.  We must save this great nation of ours!

Yours in Freedom,

Allen Turner
USMC '91-'95
MOS 3521
4th Award Expert
Competitive Marksmanship Unit
Far East Division Matches

M1NC

That was a great Appleseed!

Many thanks to IronPony for having me call the line on Saturday and really learn by doing.  That helped me immensely (and my voice has recovered  :P ).  You did a great job Shoot Bossing.

The energy and attention I saw in my fellow IITs on the line was a real pleasure to see, and the quality of the feedback and instruction they gave is evidenced in the progression of the shooters on the Red Coat targets.

Its always great to see everyone and to plant some more seeds of Liberty  ;D
Always take the high road - it has a better field of fire

If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Go forth and fear no darkeness

kDan

Appleseed withdrawal indeed.  I was there for the RBC and I'm already planning my next trip to Ramseur.

I'm glad to read how well things went.  Wish I could have stuck around.  I hear you had 31 shooters.  North Carolina is in good hands.  Iron Pony is carrying the tradition with dignity.

Congrats to all.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

G19Jenz

Great Appleseed weekend. I always come home feeling refreshed and relaxed from spending time on the range with some of the finest people. It was great meeting all of the new IITs. Keep up the great work and hope to see everyone soon  :) Congratulations to our new Red Hats. Great work guys!!
-G19Jenz (Jen)
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
--Thomas Jefferson

Reclaimer

After the boot camp, the weekend Appleseed seemed like organized chaos. You all have earned even more of my respect!

I have to say, I enjoy teaching more than I do shooting! There's nothing like watching someone who has never shot before finally "get" it, and watch their groups close up and the scores raise. I was only wishing that this had been another boot camp. So many fine folk and such a short time to get to know them! Ah well, I'll take what I can get.

lemondrop9344

Had a great time over the weekend, bad back and malfunctioning rifle not withstanding.  One should not expect what they don't inspect......lesson learned & reinforced.  The instruction and effort put in by all was 1st rate.  I especially want to single out Goliath & Toy for their assistance in trying to remedy my malfunctioning 10/22.  I discovered there was a piece of the bolt under the extractor broken off and it had lodged between the bolt and receiver (not near the chamber)  I'm pretty sure that was preventing the firing pin from striking the round.  Does not appear to have damaged the receiver.

Docboy was very patient with me as I switched to my M1A on Sunday; thank you.  At least I know I don't flinch with either the 10/22 or M1A but I have a tremendous amount of work to do with my NPOA and breathing.

Additional parts to make the 10/22 more user friendly and a little more reliable are on order (a lot of stuff is back ordered everywhere).  As soon as I get the 10/22 back together I can practice what I learned.

Hope to see all again in March.

nighteagle317

:bow: I attended my very first Appleseed event on April 21-22. Although it was very difficult for me physically,I am so glad I did it!
I learned so much! I do want to give props to all the Instructors,especially Toy and Patrick,and Patrick's son,Josh. They saw that I had special needs and did everything they could to help. Toy even loaned me his very own Ruger 10/22. I felt honored. Thank you so much to all of the Instructors. Also to a new Orange hat, Adena,my thanks for your advice and help.My congratulations to all who got their Rifleman patch!
Can't wait to go again.
Paige
Proud Member of The Patriot Guard Riders
   "Standing For Those Who Stood For Us"