News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

North Vernon IN, Feb 25-26 2012

Started by yellowhousejake, February 27, 2012, 09:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

Snow and ice on Saturday and sunny tee shirt weather Sunday. The weather didn't stop us from getting 13 AQTs completed, and we didn't rush either.

A great time at MCR, wonderful folks, good food, and students who were... studious. Y'all got to be the quietest bunch I ever had at a Appleseed  ;D  I am sure due to the great instruction provided by HQ and Auntibellum everyone had lot's to think about, and lots' to practice. It showed in the shooting I saw.

Lonnie and Elizabeth did great and they were missed Sunday. Elizabeth was looking like the picture perfect prone model and I caught her shifting her NPOA more than once. Jake and Eric were certainly getting the basics down. Slings guys, you need GI slings, and watch the schedule for weekday events so you can make both days.

Carl, Larry, and Alex. Experienced 'seeders all. Larry, bored with shooting expert decided to take a hat and join us in saving a country. It made me proud to hand him a hat, you will do well sir. Carl and Alex both showed consistent improvement all weekend. Carl will gain ten points or more when he gets his rifle and scope sorted out. Now you know where the scope needs to be adjusted to, you have experience enough to get it adjusted and then practice.

Alex, Alex, Alex. I have watched her quietly pursue her score, conquering each SHF or Six step in a methodical manner over several months. Sunday she turns in a 203 as the 14:30 wall hits. I hope I am there when you break down the 210 barrier, as I know you will. When that happens 210 will be easy because you worked for it.

A great weekend with many thanks to the fine folks at MCR who put up with 20+ nutty instructors for a 'seed and a IBC. Anita, Dennis, Doug, Josiah, Greg, thank you.

Yellowhousejake
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

HQ

I second everything!  As tired as I was today, I'm still amazed that we completed 13 AQT's!  The best part about that was at no point did I feel or see exhaustion or extreme frustration with things not quite going one's way.  We had shooters in zen states that were working through step by step by step.  It was inspiring to watch!  I truly look forward to working with each and everyone of you in the future!

I can't say enough about the Muscatatuck Christian Ranch.  You are wonderful hosts and I look forward to my next trip over to the river bottoms!

AuntieBellum

I cannot wait to see the pics - a light covering of snow as we descended upon the range Saturday and it continued off and on all day long.  And then - absolutely gorgeous Sunday.  Sunny, warm, and squishy.   ;D  A big thank you to all the shooters who came out - it's too bad our Saturday folk couldn't join us on Sunday 'cause we had a BLAST!  But know you're always welcome back!  Larry - you look good in orange!  And Alex - you were a joy to watch.  I've seen few people smile as big as you as you watched your scores go up, and I can't wait to see you get that 210!  Carl - keep at it.  You are absolutely making improvements and will get there, without a doubt.

Thank you Muscatatuck Christian Ranch for your generosity in letting us use your space - great range, warm bunkhouses, fantastic meals, and - best of all - good people.  Thank you!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Niecie

What a fabulous weekend! I could not be there the entire time, but i really loved seeing everyone! We have such a wonderful group of 'seed instructors! It was great to catchup with everyone we had not seen for a bit, and great to meet some new folks from other states! I hope you were not frightened by us  **)

So sorry ATM could not make out and I hope you are feeling better! We'll catch up with you soon - with bacon of course.

Before I post the pics, i would like to thank our gracious hosts - what a wonderful crew that always go above and beyond to get us anything we need and make us comfortable! We appreciate all you do for us - including entertainment  :cool2: Great to visit with you all and thanks for the great meals and pampering. Anita, Dennis, and Josiah - extra special thanks for the coffee and conversation!!

Here are the pics I promised...See you all down the trail!

Niecie

Good Afternoon shooters! (I was not there in the a.m.  :) )

I was not aware the "Hokey-Pokey" was still a part of the COF...

Snacks and Relaxin' at the IBC...

Back to 'learnin

Meanwhile, back out on the firing line...

The instructors taking turns having fun with the Sunday crew.

The girls' transition-to-seated are awesome!

Spitfire51 treats us to a great "Dangerous Old Men" tale at lunch.

What a great bunch of Americans! Thank you for a fantastic Appleseed/IBC/Visit ^:)^

HQ

You know I totally forgot that there was snow on the ground until I opened the folder with my pictures!!!  Sometimes I have wonderful cases of selective memory!!!  Sunday was just such a gorgeous day!

Starting the day off with some 6 steps!

But the snow did melt!

and we got in an AQT

The final redcoat of the day on Saturday

I just love our blue hats!  I had to include two shots - I love Acutee's smile in this one!  She is always happy!

Two shooters right on the NOSE!

Definitely looks good in orange!

These two were TROOPERS!!!  EXCELLENT job this weekend!

yellowhousejake

You hold the rifle high,
put your support arm through,
wrap your hand around and pull the rifle close to you,

la la la, where is ATM when I need him?

That's what hasty's all about.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

ATM

I was sadly singin' da blues this weekend.  :(

I would much rather have joined you all for a rousing cadence of instructional hokey pokey.

Sounds like a great weekend. Kudos to all who made it happen and to those who filled the firing line and classroom. That's what it's all about!  ;)
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

Calamity

QuoteY'all got to be the quietest bunch I ever had at a Appleseed

We'll just have to see what we can do about that in September! I'm planning on participating then.   ^:)^

Thanks to all, for helping make it such a success.  We look forward to having ya'll come back!    When everyone left, it was like saying good-bye to family members. 
who satisfieth thy mouth with good things;so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's. Psalms 103:5

'"A girl with a husband can be limited in what she can do. A girl with a rifle ain't got that problem." Calamity Jane