News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Earned my Purple Patch!

Started by ShootinCritter, February 21, 2012, 04:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShootinCritter

I was so excited to go to Appleseed this past weekend.  My first time ever touching a gun was at my first Appleseed 2 years ago, and I was only able to go Sat.  DH, DMIL, DFIL & I went this past weekend, and DH let me go back by myself Sun.  My 3rd AQT I qualified with a score of 210, and then got a bottle of water dumped on my head. (Where's the emoiticon for that? :-) ) I'd love to see the photos!

A special thanks to SavageShootr for letting Johnny Appleseed take your shooting jacket!  It was a huge help w/ the sling!  And it kept me warm :-)  Thanks to all the trainers there who were so helpful!  I had a great time!

DH & DMIL plan to go back next month!  Now it's DH's turn to qualify  ;)

Kaylee

Awesome! You got real North Bridge water? Lucky duck!

(I love your avatar, by the way - CUTE!)

Good luck to DH and DMIL. :)

gonejohnny

Nice Job, Crystal!
here are some of the photos:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=27805.msg209913#msg209913

- GoneJohnny

Quote from: ShootinCritter on February 21, 2012, 04:44:06 AM
My 3rd AQT I qualified with a score of 210, and then got a bottle of water dumped on my head. (Where's the emoiticon for that? :-) ) I'd love to see the photos!

Foppish Dandy

Congratulations! Was great shootin' next to you!
Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

ShootinCritter

Thanks for the pictures gonejohnny!

Thanks, Langer.  You too.

Kaylee, thanks!  Yeah, the avatar took some time to find... it was a challenge to find a "ShootinCritter" that wasn't a squirrel or a scantily clad rabbit named Jessica :-)