News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Corona, CA February 18-19 After Action Report

Started by bob 210, February 20, 2012, 03:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob 210

Placeholder for Corona shoot. To be posted tonight.

Others feel free to post up...
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

InBox485

InBox485 aka Eric.

First time here. A friend from another forum introduced a few of us to Appleseed, and I got to say, I'm hooked. I wanted to thank specifically Bob210 and Norm(sp?). It was a great time, and I'm looking forward to next time.

My only feedback would be to rotate instructors throughout the day. Different perspectives go a long way, and getting a second pair of eyes to help me with one of the positions made a big difference for me.

Foppish Dandy

Always a pleasure (and an adventure) out in Corona. Thanks to all the instructors, especially Bob210, for another great session. A huge shout-out to all of them for managing to run two separate lines safely and quickly even in the face of being short-staffed.
Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

StormNSheri

Thank all of you for coming out, it was a pleasure meeting each of you.
Here is the part 1 of the photo's as promised

StormNSheri

And here are the rest of the photo's - enjoy

Foppish Dandy

Awesome! Might want to throw a link to this thread up on the AAR post. :)

Topics have been merged.
Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

Xbett

Great shoot. It was my first with appleseed and the best I have ever been to. I would like to thank all the Instructors! I had a great time and learned a lot.

MightyMosin

Thank you RWVA for the Corona Appleseed and, more importantly, thank you to the individuals that gave up their weekend to provide the admin, safety, and instruction.

All in all the experience was first rate and there were some things done differently from the Appleseed I did over a year ago. I have to say I really liked seeing the bores checked for obstructions prior to the days shooting and hopefully this came out of forethought and not an accident.

On Sunday, someones 22LR had a case head separation and it was good to see the instructors use that brass as an instructional piece that tied back into the safety instructions that were given each morning.

The only criticisms I have are:

• getting started was painfully slow with shooting not happening until after 10:00AM each day.
  • with the different instructors, Sunday saw a lot of repeating of the prone/seated grouping drills/instruction and not enough of the AQT

dbur

Sorry for taking so long to register and post. This was my first appleseed event. I brought my wife and daughter.  We all learned so much and had a great time doing it. All of the instructors were great and we really enjoyed the stories and Bobs wardrobe changes. Great event!

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: InBox485 on February 20, 2012, 10:06:21 PM
InBox485 aka Eric.

First time here. A friend from another forum introduced a few of us to Appleseed, and I got to say, I'm hooked. I wanted to thank specifically Bob210 and Norm(sp?). It was a great time, and I'm looking forward to next time.

My only feedback would be to rotate instructors throughout the day. Different perspectives go a long way, and getting a second pair of eyes to help me with one of the positions made a big difference for me.

thanx for the heads up on changing insructors during the day . I will make a note of it and try to make sure it's done at every event I am part of . Observations like yours help us all improve  O0 O0
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

George Hacker

Sounds like you had an awesome shoot!  If any of you do Facebook and would like to spread the word about Project Appleseed, the Southern California Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Project-Appleseed-Southern-California/282884965120556) could use a few likes.  You will be kept up to date concerning upcoming events and I suspect many pictures from this AAR will be posted there, so it would be convenient to share the photo album with your friends once it becomes available on Facebook.

- ShadowMan (who grew up in the Inland Empire and shot his 2nd Appleseed in Corona)
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."