News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Maryville, IL AAR February 18-19,2012

Started by Wurstmacher, February 20, 2012, 11:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wurstmacher

The Town and Country Gun Club in Maryville, IL hosted their first Appleseed event this past weekend.  A big thank you to the range for allowing us access.  This is a wonderful venue for an Appleseed.  Easy to get to.  Parking near the range.  Convenient  for 25 meter, 100 yard and 200 yard instruction.  Membership dues for the range are very reasonable, so I hope that anyone that attended this past weekend that is from the area will take the opportunity to join the range.

I do not think that we could have asked for any better weather for mid-February in Illinois.

Thank you to the instructors that came in to help out with the shoot.

Please post any pictures and feel free to share your experiences from the weekend.

Thank you all.
Wurstmacher

Patriot Gal

Happy to hear you had a good weekend.  Looking forward to those pictures.

Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

wooldl

I felt like this event was a great success. We had 4 new shooters make Rifleman!!  ^:)^

Thank you to Wurstmacher, Oddball & Cookie for driving the 3 hours down to work the event. Both days seemed to go very smoothly. Also, thanks to all the other instructors for helping make our first shoot at this venue a success.
I think the KD work was an eye-opener for all the shooters and was the first time I'd seen it done at an AS.
As a member of Town & Country Gun Club, I made it a point to talk briefly with the range officers that were watching and they were VERY impressed with the program.

wooldl
"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present generation, to preserve your Freedom! " - John Adams

AQT Dryfire Practice mp3 files: http://www.4shared.com/folder/559qijqr/My_4shared_Sync.html

RiflesnReins

I loved this Appleseed. Almost all of the Instructors I had met before at various shoots, so it ran smoothly along. It was also good that all but one person had been to an AS before. It was great to meet Cookie, Wooldl, Brumley Dog, and Alpha Chicken. I took some photos of the shoot so see them here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/64166653@N04/. I know Cookie took some photos also (mainly because he took them over my head). I had a great time meeting everyone, I sure hope I will see them all again soon. Congrats to everyone who made Rifleman this time, I hope to see you around. I will definitely bring a pen next time, so I do not have to "borrow" Cookie's. Thank you to all of the IIT's and Redhat's for making this shoot enjoyable. Until next time, stay safe.

RiflesnReins  :---
"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

PinkCamo

Great weekend, good times!! Thank you to all of the instructors!! This was my fourth Appleseed and my first time to get Rifleman, very exciting!! There was a lot of good instruction and assistance. Thanks again and I hope to see everyone again down the road.

PinkCamo

I also wanted to add that it was pretty awesome that we were able to shoot at the 100yd & 200yd targets.

PinkCamo

Good times

PinkCamo

Good times

PinkCamo

Good times

PinkCamo

Good times

PinkCamo

Good times

RedFox24

Just want to say I had a blast working this shoot!   :~

All the shooters were excellent and were so attentive to the instruction and history that it was very refreshing.  Plus with all the Orange Hats there you were more than accommodating with us and our instruction!  Hope to see you all on the line again very soon! O0

Great so see Mike get Rifleman after 7 Appleseeds.  CONGRATULATIONS!  Way to persist!!! ^:)^

Great to meet and work with Wurstmacher, MTBrass, Oddball  :bow:, Cookie, Brumley Dog, Alpha Chicken, Restless and Woodl again!  Thanks to Wurstmacher for working me though my IIT PC.  Hope to get to work with you all again very soon!

"Preparedness is not an event.  It's a continuous process." 
Dr. Julie Gerberding, Director, CDC

mtbrass

Great to see old friends and meet new ones! Good to see you on the Board PinkCamo and thanks for posting pictures and great job on the Rifleman Patch. O0 O0

Mike always good to see you and it was even better to see you with that patch and then jumping right in on a bolt gun! RiflesnReins can probably give you a few pointers on that rifle when your ready  **) **)

And to our third Rifleman - we missed you on Sunday.  &)

Weather was good and maybe better than expected for February and the facility was great and hospitable.  :bow: :bow: Being able to go out to distance was really nice and a verification that what works at 25 works at 200.
Thanks again to Wurstmacher, Oddball, Cookie, Restless, Brumley Dog, RedFox 24, Alpha Chicken, Restless, Wooldl and everyone shooting! See you on the trail  :~ :~

sirk798

Quote from: mtbrass on February 20, 2012, 10:37:46 PM
And to our third Rifleman - we missed you on Sunday.  &)

I think ya may be referring to me ;)

I had been getting calls all day Saturday and was trying to avoid work for a weekend for a change, But it just wasn't happenning. I had a great time Saturday, and would love to have been able to shoot with everyone on sunday. It is cool ya were able to shoot the longer ranges as well. As has been said above, a big thanks to all who helped put on a great shoot!

I will keep an eye out for more shoots at town and country, as well hope bowling Green can get a couple on the calender as well.

mtbrass

sirk798, you were missed on Sunday but we all know how work can be :wb:

Hope to see you out again soon, keep an eye on the upcoming events, not sure about Bowling Green but hopefully Town and Country, Alton and others should be coming up this year.

Great job on the patch.  ^:)^ ^:)^