News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR for Augusta, GA Appleseed, February 11 & 12, 2012

Started by TAZDevil, February 14, 2012, 01:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAZDevil

AFTER ACTION REPORT: 
Augusta, GA: February 11 and 12, 2012
Temperatures were in the 30s and 40s F, with blustery strong wind; can you say dancing targets?  Though we tried to calm the targets they were "dancing 3 - 4 MOA for the stage four silhouettes.  No one made rifleman on Saturday.  Sunday was 23 - 40 F but no wind.
The Pinetucky Range in Augusta is covered.
We had 4 students on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. 
Students were extremely enthusiastic, all were repeat Appleseed attendees.
Shoot Boss: TAZDevil
Red Hats: Kestak and Ranblinwreck
IITs:    Thomas Sumpter (IIT4) and Bolt212 (IIT4)
A great but cold two days in Augusta, GA.
SAFE days and we created another rifleman, Asa, Bolt212's son.

Also created two new red hats: Bolt212 and Thomas Sumpter

Congratulations to those who tolerated the "Georgia" cold
"An Englishman's home is his castle" Jason Russell

"Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it."  John Adams

brianf31

"Nevertheless, to the persecution and tyranny of his cruel ministry we will not tamely submit -- appealing to Heaven for the justice of our cause, we determine to die or be free."

― Joseph Warren

DrJohn

Great job, both stalwart students and our dedicated instructors. Shooting in the cold and wind is not the most pleasant. Many thanks to TAZ for picking up this event at the last minute and doing his usual fine job. I understand that Fox News did an interview on Sunday and learned more about Appleseed. Well done, everyone, and huzza!
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....