News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Idaho - Lewiston AAR - February 11-12, 2012

Started by Western Rose, February 12, 2012, 11:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Western Rose

What a great start to the weekend!

Since I'm not at the event today, I thought I'd kick off the ARR.

Thank you to the Lewis-Clark Wildlife Club for hosting the first Idaho event of the year! Chef Bob, the burgers and chili were excellent. We are (cheerfully) spoiled.  ^:)^

It was fantastic to be able to get back on the line after so long of having to stay home while the family worked the events because of homework... I did have some homework to finish up, but I was able to be on the line for part of the morning and the afternoon. As soon as I did get on the line, I was impressed by what I saw.

Rich, I didn't get to work with you, but judging from what I saw, you were soaking up instruction like a sponge. Your improvement continued through to the end of the day. Well done.

Cleve and Clyde, excellent work. You two have both improved so much from the time you first came to Appleseed. Well done on all of that practice between your last Appleseed and this one! It really payed off! Looking forward to seeing you guys and your friends at the June Lewiston event! You guys might want to sign up soon as there are already 8 signed up for that event. Thanks for helping clean up after the day and for bringing in that old book and articles to show us! That was awesome.  8) Clyde, well done on that final redcoat Saturday!

Katy, I was amazed at how quickly you took what was being taught and put it into practice. You had GREAT trigger control by the end of the day and were shooting fantastic groups! O0 All with that extra weight hanging off the front of the rifle too! Can't wait to see you and Justin back at it again soon!

Lydia, well done on working through the challenges you had in the morning. I was very impressed with the groups you were getting by the end of the day. Keep working on your trigger control and make sure you adjust your NPOA. Keep up the good work! :---

Mr. Urquidez, thanks for coming out and bringing your daughters. Your persistance through the difficulties you were having was impressive to see.

Julia, I didn't get to work with you, but I did see your targets. Well done. Remember to focus on your front sight.

Justin, thanks for bringing Katy! I didn't get to work with you, but I could tell that you were soaking up the instruction and putting it into practice.

It was a pleasure to be on the line with all of you.

I do believe we possibly had a first for Appleseed this weekend. That is, we had two groups of twins on the line. Folks, that means half the line. We'll get down which is which one of these days... For the girls, just make Julia and Lydia smile... the one with the dimple is Julia... or was it Lydia?  ;)

Mark, thanks for coming over from Montana to work this event! It was great to see you again since almost a year ago. Thanks for the purple marker. :)

Rizzin, thanks for coming from Yakima to instruct! It was great to be able to work on the line with you again. Well done with the sign in and admin work. O0

Reformed Redneck and Still Learnin' keep up the good work.

Looking forward to hearing all about today when Reformed Redneck and Still Learnin get home!

Feel free to add more to this, folks!

Pictures to follow... Mostly from Rizzin.  ::)
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Western Rose

Here are the (very few and very dark) pictures I was able to snap while on the line.

Reformed Redneck (demoing) and Rizzin going over the last of the sitting positions

Rich trying cross-legged

Katy was a blessing to work with. Here she was modifying the cross-legged position into something that would work for her.

Checking targets in the mud...

The second set of twins and their Dad. Also, the cross dominant family.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Patriot Gal

Looks cold!!!  :o

Maybe that's just an illusion caused by seeing the snow!   :cool2:

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

mac3647

Troopers!  cold,mud, snow!   That's the kind of people I appreciate.  Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"  Thomas Jefferson

Reformed Redneck

The synopsis of the shoot has already been mentioned here, but there are a few items I would like to contribute.

On Saturday, we might well have labeled this event as a "Mudseed". Varied levels of rainfall occurred throughout the day, making the walk to and from the target line pretty interesting.

All of the shooters displayed their persistence though the inconveniences, and all improved in their skill level throughout the weekend. Their continued commitment will pay dividends in the future.

We had one new Rifleman, Clyde, who had practiced diligently between his first Appleseed and this one. Everything really 'came together' for him when we began to shoot AQT's. Congratulation again Clyde!

We had a number of shooters who showed they were capable of shooting some really good groups who will simply have to polish their skill levels in order to earn their Rifleman patches in the near future. Keep up the practice, and we'll see you at the next Appleseed.

Thanks again to all of the guys at LCWC for hosting us. We appreciate your continued support and what you contribute to furthering our common goals.

Best regards,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Rizzin

Thanks to WR for the run down.

Patriot Gal and mac3647; it was not cold it was a balmy 35 to 40 degrees and no blizzards the WHOLE weekend. Very mild weather.  ;D

All the shooters persevered through quite a few equipment failures on both days and choose to fire 1 more AQT on Sunday when given the choice. I great group to work with and showed much improvement over the weekend.

Without Evenstar's ever-active shutter finger I am down to only 41 pictures for the weekend but here are a few and a link to the whole album at the bottom.  :pop:  :pop:

The full album can be found HERE

mosinguy

Join or Die

Roland

Quote from: mosinguy on February 14, 2012, 12:06:30 PM
how'd the Mosin shooter do?

Can't possibly imagine why you would be interested in that... :)

Good job guys, hope to see ya'll soon.
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

Rizzin

Quote from: mosinguy on February 14, 2012, 12:06:30 PM
how'd the Mosin shooter do?

This was his 2nd Appleseed and I think he was doing very well with it. He managed to add about 50 points to this weekends high AQT from his first Appleseed's high AQT.  Even more important he was pleased that all his AQT's were better then from his 1st AS. His biggest problem seemed to be getting it loaded with his stripper clips.

mosinguy

Quote from: Rizzin on February 15, 2012, 12:18:42 AM
His biggest problem seemed to be getting it loaded with his stripper clips.

yup.  I never got off more then 7 rounds in the second or third COF, and then I wasn't good enough to make it up in the fourth.

it took a week for my thumb to heal.  <VBG>

I *will* earn my stripes with that rifle.  it may take a while, but I will persist.
Join or Die