News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Smithville?

Started by perdurabo, February 06, 2012, 04:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perdurabo

Are there any Appleseed shoots planned for the Smithville/Sanborn Shooters location this year?  I live near Lockhart and both College Station and Fredericksburg are a bit too far for me.  Are there potentially other shoots going on in Central TX not already on the schedule?

Thanks

perdurabo

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

I know there will be some Davilla (not far from Temple) shoots on the schedule soon. I was just there visiting yesterday.

I can't speak for Smithville.
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

sleepy Joe

Ask LabRat, he can find out, I lost the landowners phone number.
By the numbers

perdurabo

Looks like no Smithville shoots on the schedule this year so far as I can tell.  Any other sites within a tolerable drive of the Austin area?

If you HAD to choose between only the Frederickburg and College Station shoots, which one would you choose?  If I'm going to cough up the cost of a motel room, I need to know I'm spending my money on the best option.

Two Wolves

Why Fredericksburg--of course.   **) We have a great range,  ^:)^  great instructors   ~~:) and you can ditch the motel expense and camp at the range. :slap:  If your scared of the great outdoors  >:D you can sleep under the pavilion.  %)  Besides, you won't be alone, probably have three or four instructors with you. &) And you can't beat the hill country for scenery  8) and solitude. O0  Attendees drive from all over the state to come to Fredericksburg. Hope to see you  @@)  on the line---soon. ~ Two Wolves  :pop:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

LabRat

Working on getting this on the schedule.

Range owner has agreed, now I'm getting the paperwork in order.

Tentative schedule is 21-22 April.

Rat out.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.

Thomas Paine

TxBobS

Looks like we'll miss this one. :/  We will be up in Dallas that weekend.

perdurabo

Looks like Smithville is still not on the schedule.

didactic

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Admin hangups apparently now cleared.

LabRat will likely be appointed shoot boss; I'm on as a RH.

Turnout will likely be light :-[ :'(  :wall: :wb:

But we WILL have a good shoot, with good folks getting off the couch to attend and good instruction offered.   O0

Assistance of an IIT or two would make it just that much better.     @@):~
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

perdurabo

Even though the turnout was awful light (just myself and one other shooter), we both had a blast at the Smithville Appleseed.  I ended up scoring 225 on my second AQT and was very pleased with the instruction.

Many thanks to LabRat and Didactic for a great shoot!